Chapter 22 {Gun shot}

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.

Catalaiya's pov:

I stood by Alicia as Aziel and Adam went to talk to a few of their business partners.

This dance was overwhelming. I mean I don't have any other dance memories to compare it but this one felt weird, a good weird. As Alfred said, I did enjoy it. I was surprised by Aziel bluntness but it made me feel a warm feeling inside and for the first time, I felt the butterflies in my stomach.

"This guy is gawking at you."

Alicia said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at her before looking in the direction she was looking at. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw Mason standing by one of the glass windows looking at me.

How did he get in?

"That's the guy that I was supposed to marry before Aziel came," I told Alicia.

"He's the psycho that sent the flowers at your office?" Alicia inquired and I nodded.

I did tell her about Mason and how Aziel and I got married. I trusted her and I know that she won't tell anyone. Without me telling her, she promised that she won't tell anyone.

"The way he's looking at you makes me feel unsafe," Alicia added.

He was just staring at me like a creep.

"How did he get in?" I asked and she shrugged.

Before she could say anything else, I felt someone behind me and felt a hand on my back. I looked up beside me and saw Aziel, glaring at Mason. His cold, hard, intimidating expression was back.

I looked at Mason and he gave us a smirk. He simply turned around and walked away.

"Something is wrong," Aziel stated, his eyes roaming around.

"Alicia go to Adam and stay with him." He ordered and Alicia silently nodded. I could see the confusion and the fear in her eyes.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked him lowly.

"This dude is not alone." He briefly replied making me confused.

Everything happened so suddenly that I barely had time to understand what was happening. Screams and the shattering of glasses echoed in the whole hall. Aziel wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me onto his chest and turned us around, protecting me with his body towering over me. We were both sitting down on the floor, by one of the tables.

They were shooting from everywhere...

"We can't stay here, we need to get out," Aziel told me and I nodded frantically.

I tilt my head to look at Aziel, "What about Alicia and Adam?"

"Adam will take care of her," he replied.

Suddenly everything went quiet. Aziel moved his head up and looked around. He slowly stood up, reaching to grab something from his back. My eyes widened when he pulled his gun out.

He had it with him all this time...

My eyes shifted to Alicia who was with Adam by another table. Just like Aziel, Adam was by her side like a shield protecting her. He was also holding his gun in his hand.

I moved my legs and lightly hissed when something burned on my thigh. I looked down and I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a piece of glass stuck in my thigh.

How did this happen?

I moved my gaze onto the floor and there were pieces of glass everywhere. The windows were a good distance away from us but look like the pieces flew far away. I reached out and grabbed onto the piece of glass. I breathe out before pulling it out.

That fucking hurts.

I bit my lips to stop myself from screaming. The cut wasn't too deep but it was enough for the blood to run onto my thigh.

"We need to-what the fuck happen?" Aziel inquired concerned as he look at the blood.

"Nothing it was just a piece of glass," I replied.

He looked around before grabbing onto the white table cloth. He used the fork on the table to make a hole in the cloth before tearing the fabric with his force. He kneel in front of me and wrapped the cloth around my thigh.

"We need to get out of here," he says and I nodded. We stood up and I was glad that my thigh didn't hurt when I put all my pressure onto it.

Adam and Alicia run toward us.

"We can't leave through the main door, it's too risky. We don't know how many are there." Adam told Aziel.

"All the doors are risky... I know that there is a storage room here, we can go through the windows." Aziel said.

"I saw it when I went to the bathroom." Alicia lowly said, making both of them look at her.

"It's next to the bathroom?" Adam asked and she nodded.

"There is a lock on the door though." She says.

"We'll handle it," Aziel reassured her.

I looked around and everyone was hiding by the tables. There was a few who didn't make it and laid there in their own blood buddle. I felt a hand wrapped around mine and when I turned, my eyes met with Aziel.

"I won't let anything happen to you."

That was a promised.

We started to walk and as if knowing we were moving out, the gunshot started again. We bend down and run to the entrance of the hall. Once there, we looked for the storage room.

"There," Adam stated.

We run to the door and Adam used his gun to open the lock. When we walked inside, a gust of smoke made us cough. Aziel managed to turn on the lights inside. There were decorations, tables and chairs stacked up around the room. Some were looking good and fresh while some looked like they haven't been touched for years. There was a fat layer of dust on the furniture.

"We can jump."

I looked at Aziel and he was by the window checking the outside.

"I'll go first." Adam volunteered. He jumped off and landed on his feet. Aziel followed him and he also landed on his feet.

I'm going to break my bones.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah