Chapter 49 {Birthday party(2)}

There are friends and there is family and then there are friends that become family...

Catalaiya's pov:

I told Kassy where my room was and she made her way upstairs.

"Where do I put this?" I turned to Leo and looked down at the big white bag that he was holding.

"What is in it?" I inquired.

"Some red wines for tonight." He replied.

Oh...

"Follow me,"

We both walked to the kitchen and he put the bag on the counter. I open the bag and took out all the bottles of wine before putting them on the counter with the other stuff.

"So, everything is cool between you two now?" Leo asked cautiously.

I chuckled at his choice of word, "Cool?"

"I meant, is everything okay between you two." He corrected.

I grinned," He just told me 'I love you after I gave him his birthday gift."

He scrunched his nose in disgust," I don't wanna know what kind of gift you gave him."

I gasped," Dirty-minded fellow!"

He put his hands up in surrender.

"A ring. I gave him a ring." I elaborated.

"Oh, so now you are both lovey-dovey." He concluded and I glared at him.

I heard the doorbell and I made my way to open it. As I walked there, Kassy walked downstairs and went to Leo.

Aziel's pov:

I heard a knock on the door and I looked up from my laptop. Kassy walked in with a sleeping baby Aria in her arms.

"Hey, happy birthday." She smiled at me.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"Your wife told me that I could put her to sleep on your bed and that you would look after her." She says.

"She's right."

She walked to the bed and lay Aria down before pulling the pillows around her like a barrier.

"Thank you," she says and I nodded.

She walked out and I went back to my work. I occasionally glanced at Aria and after twenty minutes when I was almost done, I heard her coo loudly. I turned to look at her and she was looking at me, her hand in her mouth.

"Give me five more minutes and I'll pick you up," I said as I quickly type in the last part of the email. Once I was done, I closed my laptop.

I wore the ring Catalaiya gifted me and I grabbed Aria's present before walking to the bed. She gave me a wide smile as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Hi," I smiled at her. She was wearing a baby pink fluffy gown and a pink head bow.

"I hope you like this little gift and I also hope that you don't put this in your mouth," I said before putting it around her neck. She frowned looking down at my hands, examining the necklace. Before she could reach to grab it, I showed her the blue velvet box to distract and it did work.

I pick her up in my arms and she closes her hand in a fist, holding onto my shirt. I pecked her chubby cheeks before making my way downstairs.

As I turned to walk to the kitchen area, I heard the doorbell which made me stop in my track. Everyone was outside in the backyard and I doubt that they heard the doorbell.

I walked to the front door to open it.

It was Carter, Adam and Alicia. They all shifted their gaze on the little one in my arms.

"Did I miss a chapter?" I heard Carter ask.

"Oh my god, she's so cute." Alicia gushed over her.

"I never picture you like this..." Adam started and I rolled my eyes. I stepped away from the door and they all walked inside.

"Happy birthday," Alicia side hug me as she was holding a box.

"Thank you,"

"Happy birthday bro," Adam bro hug me before giving me a grey gift bag.

"Thank you,"

"Happy birthday mate," Carter said as he handed me a small white box with a red bow.

"Thank you,"

It was the first time that I received so many gifts and wishes.

"No, but seriously, who is she?" Carter inquired as he examine Aria.

"That's Aria, Leo's daughter," I told him.

"Hi," I heard the familiar soft voice of Catalaiya. I looked to my right and saw her walking toward us.

Catalaiya's pov:

I was sure that I heard the doorbell. I walked inside and indeed found Carter, Alicia and Adam with Aziel holding Aria.

"Hi," I greeted them. Alicia walked to me and side hug me as she was holding a box in her hands.

"Hi, I bought some cupcakes," Alicia told me. I looked down at the box.

"Do they need to be in the fridge or..." I trailed off.

She shook her head no," They'll be good on a dry surface."

"Ok,"

I glanced at Aziel and he had one of his hands full with gifts while holding Aria who was looking at the balloons by the door.

"Thalia is serving fresh cocktails outside," I told them. They made their way to the backyard while I walked to the kitchen to put the box beside the wine bottles.

"Hey," I looked up and saw Aziel approaching me.

"One guest is missing." He pointed out.

Right.

"She'll be here soon."

The guest was no other than Nayvee. I invited her over as Aziel asked me. He told me that Carter wouldn't stop asking him if he could come by my office to check the area for any danger. When Aziel asked him why he was being so stubborn, he blurts out one name... 'Nayvee'.

Turns out that they spent one evening together and he likes her. None of them knows that I invited both of them here tonight. It's going to be fun to look at their reactions.

I heard a loud squeal and I looked down at Aria. I noticed the little necklace.

"Oh, it looks pretty on you." I reached out and kiss her cheeks. She smiled moving her arms around happily.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah