Chapter 60 {Time To Rush}

Catalaiya's pov:

(June 21th)

(40 weeks, 2 days)

I woke up during the night to go pee. Lately, I have been going to the bathroom like every twenty minutes. I was barely awake when I walked to the bathroom to do my business.

Once done, I was making my way out when I felt a liquid running down on my legs. I frowned before looking down.

Are you kidding me? I just peed-wait a minute.

Now I was fully awake. The liquid kept running down and I realised that it wasn't pee.

My water broke!

Finally!

My due date was two days ago and our little munchkin was so comfy in my tummy that coming out didn't seem to be an option. Four days ago, when we went to the last doctor's appointment, she told me that I was only 2 centimetres dilated and that I might get induced.

So, I tried to induce my labour naturally. I drank a lot of tea, eat a lot of snacks based on peanut butter, bananas and pineapples. And we did the same actions that got me in this situation, hoping it will work.

Looks like it did!

I wipe the water on my leg with some tissue paper and squat down to clean the bathroom floor. I washed my hands before walking to Aziel.

I shook his shoulder a few times.

One of the contractions started and I reached to grab his phone to time it.

"Y-yes?" He asked still sleepy.

"My water broke," I told him.

"What!" He abruptly sat down.

"Calm down, I'm fine but we need to go to the hospital though."

He nodded.

I walked to the closet to get dressed and so did Aziel. He grabbed my hospital bags, his phone and a few things he might need.

 He grabbed my hospital bags, his phone and a few things he might need

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

I stood by the mirror, looking at myself and my baby bump for the last time.

"Ready to go?" Aziel asked and I nodded.

"The next time we'll come home, this baby bump will be gone and we will be holding our baby," I told him making him smile.

We both made our way downstairs and we saw Thalia and Alfred by the living room waiting for us. They were both in their pjs as it was 1:45 am.

Thalia walked to me and hugged me in a warm, comforting hug.

"Everything will be alright, both you and the baby will be safe and healthy." She kissed my temples before she pulled away from the hug.

Alfred hugged me too before walking with us to the car.

As we were about to sit, I felt another painful contraction making me stop in my track and winced. I managed to sit on the seat and Alfred closed the door for me.

Aziel drove to the hospital.

On our way, I got the same painful contractions a couple of times and I did the breath in and breath out to help myself.

"We are here," Aziel informed me.

We stepped out of the car and Aziel quickly grabbed the bags. We walked to the entrance and on my way, I had to stop because of another contraction. I wrapped one arm around Aziel's arm as we walked to the emergency unit.

It was really quiet and empty.

We walked to the counter and an elder lady greeted us.

"Hi,"

"Hi, I'm in labour," I told her.

"I see," she smiled. She wrapped a bracelet around our wrist before a man came in with a wheelchair.

"He'll drop you to your room and a nurse will come to you." The lady told me and I nodded.

I sat down in the wheelchair and we went to the elevator. First, we stopped by a counter and I had to fill out a form. Then we reached our room. I stood up while Aziel put the bags on the couch. There was a hospital gown on the bed and Aziel helped me to wear it.

I tie my hair up in a messy bun.

A nurse came in and she started to hook me to some of the machines while I lay on the bed. My contractions were more regular and 7 minutes apart. Aziel sat on the couch while looking attentively at what the nurse was doing.

"You are still like 3 centimetres dilated, we'll have to wait for the epidural." The nurse said and I nodded.

When she left, Aziel walked back to me and held my hand as he sat on the stool.

"You look pretty," he commented, trying to make me at ease.

I smiled.

"Really?"

"Of course, like always. Do you want me to do anything for you?" He asked softly and I nodded.

"Give me some kisses," I replied.

He smiled," Okay."

He leaned to peck my lips four times before kissing my cheeks.

"If you need more let me know." He winked making me chuckle.

I hissed when I felt another contraction. I leaned my head back, did the breath in and breath out steps while Aziel rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," I said between pain sighs.

Aziel's pov:

Not gonna lie, I was scared but I didn't dare to tell her. She's so strong for going through all this pain to bring our little munchkin into this world, I don't want to discourage her with my fear.

Instead, I'll do everything to try to make her at ease.

I know I can't do much but still, I'll try.

Three hours in, she was resting her eyes while still dealing with the painful contractions. I felt her starting to shake a little and her hands were a little cold.

"Do you want your blanket, Love?" I asked her and she nodded, her eyes still closed.

"I'm cold," she murmured.

I walked to our carry on suitcase and took out her pink fluffy blanket. I walked back to her and open it on her.

"Thanks," she says.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah