Chapter 17 {bitchy behaviour}

You don't meet people by accident...

Catalaiya's pov:

Today was finally Sunday. I woke up later than usual as I wasn't going to the office.

 I woke up later than usual as I wasn't going to the office

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

I grabbed my phone before stepping out of my room. As I look straight, I could see Aziel walking out of his room. He suddenly looked up and our eyes locked. He was in a white t-shirt and greyish shorts.

We both walked forward and stopped near the stairs.

"Hi," he greeted me.

"Hi,"

"You aren't going to the office today?" He asked as he glanced at my outfit and I shook my head no.

"And you?" I asked.

"No, but I'll be working from home." He answered.

We both made our way downstairs for breakfast. Thalia looked up at us and she smiled widely. For some reason for the last couple of weeks, she was really happy. We sat down for breakfast.

---

It was now 1 pm and both Thalia and I was sitting on the couch, in the living room area. We were both drinking some fresh pomegranate juice that she made earlier. Aziel was in his room, working.

We heard footsteps and we both turned toward the stairs just in time to see Aziel walking toward the front door.

He was in his blue suit.

He opened it and a few seconds later Adam walked in with a girl behind him. I know her, that was Alicia, Adam's wife. I remember her from when Thalia showed me the pictures. Alicia looked bored and annoyed. She was also holding a few shopping bags in her hands.

"I can't believe you drag me from the mall to sit here in this house." Alicia glared at Adam.

Adam ignored her and looked at Aziel, "Are you ready? We need to do this today."

"Yeah, let's go." Aziel nodded.

Before going Aziel turned around to look at me, "I have to go out for important work, I don't know at what time I'll be back."

I felt a weird warm feeling inside when he said that. I never expected him to tell me where he was going to or at what time he will be back. He usually call Thalia and she would tell me.

I gave him a nod.

"Thalia, take my bags and made me some cold juice." I heard Alicia state.

Thalia put her glass on the middle table and went to take the bags from her. Adam looked down at Alicia, shaking his head annoyed by her bitchy attitude.

"Behave," Adam warned her. She crossed her arm on her chest, looking straight into his eyes.

"Make me,"

Before Adam could do anything, Aziel grabbed his arm.

"Bro, let's go."

They both walked out, closing the door behind them. Alicia sighed before turning toward us.

"I'm sorry Thalia." She says more softly.

Thalia chuckled, "It's okay."

Alicia turned toward me and she grinned, "You must be the new bride."

"Yeah... I'm Catalaiya." I introduced myself.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Alicia, Adam's 'wife'." She used her fingers to quote the word wife. She walked to me and pulled me in a hug.

"They were right, you are really pretty." She commented.

I was having mixed feelings about her. One minute, she was a bitch and then she's the sweetest girl.

I think Thalia understood my little dilemma and she walked toward us while saying, "Don't worry dear, this girl won't do any harm to you or anyone. She pretends to be mean and a bitch, but she isn't."

I turned to Alicia, "Why do you act like a bitch?"

She grabbed the juice from Thalia and sat down on the couch. She pats the space beside her and gestures me to sit down.

I did.

"Just like you and Aziel, Adam and I had an arranged marriage. Since day one he thought that I was a gold digger and he would constantly remind me that I marry him for his money-which I didn't. I don't care about his money. Since then I act like he thought of me, like a bitch and a gold digger." She explained.

Oh, so these brothers have the same problem huh? Thinking that we were here for their money...

"I do buy a lot of things with his money... but then I donate them to orphanages, schools and poor people." She added.

"Since when are you two married?" I asked curiously.

"Almost two years now." She replied making my eyes widen.

"That's a long time..." I trailed off.

"I know, not gonna lie I was hoping that he would leave me within the first six months but that didn't happen. Instead, he would tolerate everything I do and say," she says before taking a sip from her drink.

"You were shopping before he brought you here?" Thalia asked and she nodded.

"I was in a shop when suddenly he appeared in front of me and dragged me out of there. I knew it was something important as he looked a little worry so I didn't argue much with him." She replied.

"Probably mafia-related," Thalia added.

"Yeah, Adam had his gun with him."

We continued to sip on our juice while she asked me about my life. We ended up talking like old friends meeting after a long time. She told me about her life too. She was a social worker before she got married to Adam and she was still doing it behind his back. She didn't want him to know about this as this wouldn't go well with her bitchy attitude.

"Why don't you girls go in the pool?" Thalia suddenly suggested.

Alicia frowned, "I wish, but I didn't bring any swimsuit or bikini with me."

"I can lend you one," I say. I have a lot of bikinis and I'm sure one will fit on her.

"Then yes," she agreed excitedly.

"I'll make some fruity popsicles," Thalia said and we nodded.

I made my way to my room, with Alicia following me. Once inside, she looked around and her eyes landed on my desk.

"Damn.... that's a lot of colours and organisation."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah