Chapter 10 {Aria (2)}

Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted...

Catalaiya's pov:

I sat on the rug, keeping an eye on the adorable baby in front of me. Ever since she was born, I have had this big baby fever. I thought it was a temporary thing but the feeling was still there.

"Here,"

I looked up and saw Leo handing me a cup of coffee. I grabbed it while he sat on the couch with his cup.

"So... how's life?" Leo asked cautiously.

"Different but good," I replied.

"Really?" He asked, not quite believing me.

"Yeah, I met two new friends. Thalia the housemaid and Alfred the driver. They are both nice and they lived in the guest house behind the main house." I explained so that he can believe me.

"I also started to paint again," I added making him smile.

"About time girlfriend." I heard Kassy say.

"I know, since I'm working from home and have quite some time for myself, I thought why not paint again... plus it was Alfred who suggested me that and it was stuck in my head," I spoke.

"That explains why you were still in bed when I called." Kassy chuckled.

"Yeah, yesterday I started to draw on one of the canvas and I went to bed pretty late," I said before taking a sip of the coffee.

"What about Aziel?" Leo suddenly asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What about him?"

"How is he? Is he nice or mean..." Leo trailed off.

"He's... nice. I don't see him much since he's busy with work and his mafia." I half lied as I looked down at Aria. I didn't look at him because he can tell when I lie.

"Then, where's your wedding ring?" He asked firmly making me instinctively shift my gaze on my hand. I was only wearing the purple ring which I bought five years ago with my savings.

 I was only wearing the purple ring which I bought five years ago with my savings

"I... forgot to wear it, i'm still not used to it." I came up with an excuse.

Since I moved into the new room, I removed the ring and put it in my jewellery box. It was now lost among the other jewellery that I rarely take out and wear.

"Oh, I had the same problem. Leo had to remind me every day before I go to the office." Kassy commented.

"Yes, because I didn't want others to think that you're available when you're not," Leo added.

I don't think Aziel will ever notice that i'm not wearing the wedding ring...

"Do you want to give her, her bottle?" Kassy asked me and I nodded.

I put my cup on the middle table before reaching to pick Aria, who had her hands in her mouth. She did a big mess with her saliva. I felt a towel hit my face and I turned to glare at Leo.

"Wipe her mouth," he said.

I grabbed the baby towel and wipe her mouth and her hands. She hated it and frown, ready to cry.

"Here comes the food," Kassy sings, shaking the bottle. Aria turned to the voice of her mother and her eyes landed on the bottle.

I laid her on my arm before Kassy handed me the bottle. I put it near her mouth and she hungrily started drinking.

"I'm making beef lasagna for dinner," Kassy informed me and I nodded.

"I'll go buy some ice cream for dessert," Leo suggested and we nodded.

A few minutes after Aria finished her drinks, I took her to her room. She wasn't sleeping yet but her eyes were closing slowly. I rock her back and forth while rubbing her forehead lightly with my finger.

Once she fell asleep, I lay her in her crib before pulling her pink blanket on her. I grabbed the baby monitor from her changing place.

I left her, walking back to the kitchen. Only Kassy was there and i presumed Leo went to the store to buy the ice cream.

"Can I help?" I asked, making her look at me.

"Nah, I'm almost done." She replied.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. After Leo returned, we all sat down on the couch and watch a movie on Netflix.  As the film was about to end, we heard crying from the baby monitor. Since Leo and Kassy were cuddling and cosy, I went to pick Aria.

She gave me a big smile when she saw my face, making my smile widen. I felt contented inside. I lifted her and pampered her with kisses.

I didn't walk back to the living room but I sat down on the carpet in her room, playing with her.

Time went by fast and I didn't even realise it. Kassy walked in and told me that she was serving dinner. I grabbed Aria and we walked to the dining table. Leo took her from me and I helped Kassy to set up the table.

Aria cooed loudly as Leo lifted her in the air and bring her down. She excitedly kicks her feet and her arms. Leo lay her on her playing mat, close to him as we sat to eat.

We grabbed our food and started to eat.

"When will you come back to the office?" Leo asked curiously.

"I honestly don't know," I replied.

I didn't even think about it...

"Let's not talk about the office at the dining table," Kassy said firmly.

"Let's talk about shopping." She said excitedly making me laugh at Leo's expression.

"Let's not talk about shopping at the dining table." Leo mimicked Kassy.

We had our dinner and ice cream for dessert. I ended up staying at their house till 11 pm before Leo dropped me home. The guard didn't let him drive in so I had to step out of the car and make my way inside.

Before going though, Leo stepped out of the car and gave me one of his comfortable hugs, which not gonna lie I missed a lot.

I watched him leave before walking to the front porch.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah