Chapter 53 {First date}

But the moment our eyes met, I'm right back under his spell, a helpless hunt of steel to his irresistible magnet...

Catalaiya's pov:

Time flew by in a blink of an eye.

For Christmas, Leo invited us over for a Christmas dinner. He also invited Thalia, Alfred, Carter, Nayvee, Adam and Alicia. After dinner, we spent the night, sipping on some hot chocolate while looking at a Christmas movie in his backyard. We each had a blanket as we got cosy with our partner.

Even Carter and Nayvee got cosy.

For the New year, both Aziel and I worked overtime and came home around 11:30 pm. We changed into our PJs, went outside and waited for the countdown. Alfred bought some firecrackers and he lighten everything right on the dot. Aziel kissed me before going to my belly and kissing our little munchkin.

Around 12:25 am, we went to bed. Well, I did. Aziel tugged me in bed, kissed me goodnight and goodbye. By 12:45 am, he was in the private jet, flying to L.A for a mafia work. Adam and Carter went with him.

(February 3rd)

Today was our first wedding anniversary and I was 18 weeks pregnant. This morning when I woke up, Aziel told me to stay home and to be ready by 10 am. He was home too but he was busy talking on his phone in a low voice.

I dressed up, did light make up and curled my hair at the end. Since the dress I chose was a skin fitted one, it made my belly look bigger than it was. Not that I minded.

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

I walked outside the bathroom and found Aziel by the bed. His eyes landed on me and he gave me a warm smile. I smiled back. He hangs up before putting his phone in his pocket.

"Ready to go, love?" He asked and I nodded.

"Where are we going?" I inquired.

"We'll have lunch then I have a surprise for you." He answered making me curious.

"A surprise," I repeated and he nodded.

I like the sound of it, I wonder what the surprise is...

I grabbed my bag before walking downstairs to the car. He drove us to the first restaurant which was like thirty-five minutes away from our house. We stepped out of the car and made our way inside the building where we had to take an elevator to go to the restaurant. Yes, it was a roof restaurant.

The door of the elevator opened and I looked around.