Its all about family

A/n: haven't seen you'll in 15 days imy, supposed to be out on thanksgiving sorry.

Warnings: not proof read, mean parents, 2013 bts, abuse.

Jungkook's pov
Family is what thanksgiving is all about right? That's probably why I hate it so much. I hated thanksgiving. To me the holiday was pointless. Also it was so boring, all you would do is get fat and cry about it the next day. To me it wasn't worth it. It could be because I don't have a family. Sure I have a mom and dad but they were never there for me, every thanksgiving was a normal day filled with degrading and cold shoulders that I hate.

When I decided to go and follow my dreams the my dear brother only encouraged me to do they hit me and told me it was pointless-that I was pointless. The exact words were 'you will never become anything but a useless beating heart.' No matter how much I believe the opposite I keep thing about how much they were right. Every day in dance practice I would make countless mistakes. My hyungs said they weren't made but I knew they were.

My hyungs were always mad at me. Every night they would get waken up by my stupid crying because of the nightmares of my parents. I would never eat with them and they would be upset. I would never talk to them unless spoken to. I never made small talk or anything I was- I was a useless beating heart. A beating heart that had no reason to live the life they have. No reason to be next to such amazing people everyday. No reason to be anything but a useless,dumb,idiotic,careless, ugly,talentless,crybaby, beating heart.

Thanksgiving was around the corner. With comebacks over with and time to spare I was getting scared. When it was thanksgiving mama and papa would feed me even less because I was getting fat. With all the working out and dancing I have to do if my hyungs do that then I could die. I don't want to die. I think I'm pointless and stupid but I know I can become better. To become better you have to work harder and I can't do any working if I'm dead. This also meant I would have to talk to them sigh.

It was thanksgiving day and we all sat around on the floor with food in front of us. The members dug in as I watched. I could see namjoon hyung looking at me with worry but I simply turned the other way.

"Hey jungkook do want something? It's thanksgiving you know, this is the only time we can pig out!"

I couldn't ignore Taehyung he was such a cheerful person. He made my useless heart feel special. So I told him the truth.

"Mama said I can't eat on thanksgiving"

Simply put it everyone put their spoons and forks down. With worry jimin looked at me and asked with such sadness that I had never heard before.

"Why not? You have to eat you're already small and you need to grow Jungkook-ah"

I've always been the smallest. Even kids younger than me had more meat on their bones.

"Mama said I'm already fat"

Jin being the overprotective person he is wrapped his arms around me.

"Did she say anything else?"

I turned to namjoon. His dragon eyes were filled with water. He was upset because of me.

"She said I was just a useless beating heart. I guess she right you know? Im making you all said and I always mess up during dance practice. I'm what she said I am."

I looked down ashamed of who I was and how right my mother mean words were. What I didn't expect was to be hugged by multiple people. Looking up I saw my team mates with sad eyes and warm hearts coming to hug me. Their warm hearts made my dark broken on light up. It made me feel like I was floating. After being touch starved for so many years I could see why people enjoyed hugging so much. It felt amazing.

Once the hug was over with I was told many praises about how I'm so strong and how I'm good at everything from drawing to dancing. They called me the golden maknae with care and love. We sat back down in the floor and with a huff I asked my hyungs a question.

"What's the point of thanksgiving?"

Taking me by surprise yoongi answered.

" thanksgiving is about being thankful for those you love and things you love. It's also about be great full for what you have and people around you. For example I'm thankful for this food and I'm also great full for you, jungkook. You are a great person with charm and kindness. Even if you don't realize it. I see when you help the other members with the dance steps even when your tired, or when you helped jimin with his hair when he thought it looked bad. I think I can speak for all of us when we say we are thankful for jeon jungkook"

The tears that I wanted to suck up were soon all over my shirt. My eyes became puffy, my nose was runny, and my heart was warm.

As I ate my food I came to realize that family is what you make it. Let it be blood or not. When you love someone they become family. You know, it makes sense why thanksgiving is about family now. The love and care your family provides should be acknowledged. The meaning of life is about family and love. So love life and love those that surround it because one day they can be gone. So don't regret anything live life and love it. Because now I realize I'm not a useless beating heart.. I'm a person with a golden heart.

Words: 1000