4 Talking

"Hey, Frank. How's it going?" I asked the security guard at the security check at the backstage entrance.

"Y/N! Girl, where have you been? We haven't seen you in a while." he replied happily.

"Oh, you know, life is crazy sometimes. I had to take care of some things that I actually pay people for. But I think I've got everything back on track. How are things around here? Did you guys miss me?" I asked when I was finally able to go inside.

"We did. And I have to tell you, someone seems to have missed you a lot. Every week he waits nearby to see if you show up." laughed Frank.

"Who do you mean?" I wanted to know.

Instead of answering me, he simply pointed over my shoulder. I turned around so I could see who he meant. It was none other than Damian Priest himself. I was quite surprised by this, if I was being honest. And yet I could not suppress a smile. But then I became indescribably nervous. I would have liked to throw up. 

"Y/N, finally! My God, it's good to see you. I can't believe you haven't been here for 2 months." said Damian as he came towards me with big steps.

I guess I didn't have a chance to avoid him. I didn't even have time to think about my words because already he had pulled me in to his long arms.

"Hey, Damian. It's good to see you too. I know it's been a long time. How are you doing?" I replied.

"I'm fine. I'm glad we can finally talk. But tell me, how are you?" he said.

"Um... I'm fine. Listen, I don't have time right now. Because I still have to go see Hunter. I'll see you later." I mumbled and then wanted to go on my way. But Damian stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"Hold on a second. Are you really okay?" he asked, looking inquiringly into my face. I just nodded, because at the moment I didn't trust my voice.

"Can you at least give me your number? I asked Heather for it, but she wouldn't give it to me." he continued.

I didn't expect that. He had wanted to get in touch with me all along? I thought it was just a one-time thing. Sometimes it happens and it doesn't mean anything.

"Really? Why didn't she give it to you?" I wanted to know.

"She said she never gives out numbers without consent. Which I can understand." Damian explained to me.

"If it was so important to you, why didn't you ask her to ask me if she could give you the number?" I then asked.

"Oh... Yeah. I guess I should have done that." he muttered, scratching the back of his neck.

"Then it's not so bad if you wait a little longer. Because I'm already late." I replied, and then headed off to my meeting with Hunter.

I breathed a sigh of relief, but at the same time I knew that I couldn't avoid Damian forever. And I don't think that after what had just happened here, he would let it go.

An hour later I was standing at my workstation and writing a list of products that urgently needed to be restocked. It looked like neither Heather nor my replacement had paid much attention to it. Although it really wasn't that complicated.

Suddenly someone put a hand on my stomach from behind and I flinched in shock. I had not heard that someone had come in. I quickly spun around and stared with wide-open eyes into the eyes of Damian. He looked at me with amusement.

"Holy smokes. You scared me," I gasped out loud.

"Sorry. I just couldn't resist." he smirked. Yet he didn't look like he was sorry.

"Aha." I muttered.

"I just wanted to talk to you. You know, about what happened between us." he began.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea," I replied, nodding.

"I just want you to know that I don't normally do this. But at that moment and with the crazy dream I had. I just couldn't resist. And just so you know, I can't get you out of my head. There's this weird connection. I don't know how-" he explained to me until I couldn't take it anymore and interrupted him.

"Damian, I'm pregnant!" it burst out of me.