14 Sorry

Even after two days, I still didn't know how to handle the whole situation. While Kevin's words made it a little easier for me to understand why Damian had reacted the way he did, it still didn't make it okay.

And Kevin was right about one thing. I had to find a way to forgive Damian. This was not about me or about Damian. At the moment the most important thing was that we got along for Mateo. It wouldn't be long before we would both be responsible for a new little person.

I stood in the nursery and put the last freshly washed clothes in the closet. With a deep sigh, I rubbed my big belly. Mateo lightly nudged against my hand. It was almost as if he was trying to tell me something.

"You miss him, don't you?" I asked my son and immediately felt a strong kick against my hand. 

Smiling, I shook my head. He was already a daddy's boy. And apparently a martial artist, too. At least that's what his aimed kicks felt like to me at the moment.

"What are we going to do about your Papi, huh? Shall we call him?" I continued to ask.

Sure enough, the little man continued to kick me. It was almost as if he wanted me to hurry up.

"Take it easy. I'll get the phone. You're not making me go any faster, young man," I said out loud as I made my way to the kitchen where my phone was.

I took it in my hand and took a few deep breaths. I didn't really know what I wanted to say to Damian. But I would find out in a moment. It didn't take long for him to answer.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you're calling," he breathed.

"Hey Damian... tell me... is it possible that you come over? We need to talk." I replied slowly.

"Of course. I'd love nothing more than that." he said immediately.

Not 3 seconds later, I heard a quick knock on the door. Confused, I went and looked to see who it was. To my astonishment, I realized it was Damian.

"How? How did you do that?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I was already here because I wanted to talk to you anyway. I just couldn't take it any longer." he explained to me.

"Okay. Come in." I said, stepping aside to let him in.

But instead of walking past me, he just took me tightly in his arms. While I was surprised by this, I still immediately felt how much I had missed him. Slowly I put my arms around his neck and breathed in his familiar scent.

"I'm so sorry, Mami! I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt anyone, especially not you or the little one. I'm sorry I scared you." he whispered in my ear.

"Please explain to me what had gotten into you!" I demanded.

"I'm not quite sure, but I think the best way to explain it is jealousy. I saw you with another man and I thought... I thought I was going to lose my family. I realize that I totally overreacted. You have no idea how much I regret it." he said lowering his head.

I thought about his words and knew that he was really serious. Carefully I lifted his chin with my index finger so that he had to look at me.

"I understand how this could happen to you. But please promise me that it will never happen again. There's no way it can happen again. There's no way I'll tolerate it." I replied as I looked Damian firmly in the eye.

"It will not happen again. I promise you that!" he said immediately.

"Good, and I want you to apologize to Kevin again," I then said.

"I've already done that. I went to your salon and talked to him. I knew that was important to you." he replied and gave me a small smile.

"You already know me far too well. But thank you for doing it," I said.

"Does that mean... can you forgive me?" asked Damian softly, sounding very uneasy.

"Yes, D. I forgive you. And one more thing... Before you call me your girlfriend again.... maybe you should make it official first." I said to him and waited for his reaction.

I watched the warmth rise to his face. His hands slowly and gently stroked my bump.

"I didn't think it was necessary after all we have, but I'll do anything you want, Mami. Y/N, will you be my girlfriend? After all, we'll be a family in a few days." he wanted to know from me.

"Yes, I want to be your girlfriend, Mr. Priest." I replied with a smile.

Relieved, he smiled at me and then bent down to give me a gentle kiss. Afterwards, he hugged me tightly and sighed contentedly.

"Now that the drama is settled... what do you say you tell me and Mateo about the Rumble? He missed you." I said after we broke away from the hug.