28 Anniversary

"Hey Mami! We're back! Where are you?" I heard Damian call from the door.

Immediately I stopped folding the laundry and made my way to my two men. Smiling, I saw Damian kneel in front of Mateo and take off his jacket. I could hardly believe how tall he was already and that he was almost a year old. Time passed so quickly. And it took only 3 months until Mica would turn our lives upside down.

"Hello, my boys! How was your little outing?" I asked.

"Oh it was good We brought you a present. Right, monkey?" said Damian and then lifted Mateo in his arms.

Immediately the little one reached out to me and when I took him in my arms he giggled gleefully. He put his little hands on my cheeks and kissed my nose. It was so cute and I couldn't help but giggle myself.

"Mam Mam Mam." he babbled, looking at me with his big eyes.

"What's the matter, monkey? Are you hungry?" I asked as I gently rocked him up and down.

"I still think he's trying to say Mama." said Damian to me.

"Really? I'm not so convinced. So far he's always said it when he was hungry." I replied, kissing Mateo on the forehead and carefully putting him down on the floor.

Immediately, the little man crawled towards his toy box. My big man took the opportunity to wrap me in his arms and pull me close.

"You can believe me. He means you. Do you want to see your present?" said Damian to me.

"I'd love to!" I replied, smiling up at him.

"Sit down. I'll bring it to you." he then said and gave me a loving kiss.

I did what he said and sat on the couch and watched Mateo play while Damian disappeared into the kitchen. It wasn't long before he came back and I saw what he was holding in his hands.

"Uhhh cake!" I cheered as he placed it on the table in front of me.

"Happy anniversary!" he said and sat down to press a kiss to my temple.

"Thank you, D. Happy anniversary to you too. I have a present for you too! I can't get up. Can you please get it for me? It's in my nightstand drawer." I replied as I tried in vain to get up from the couch myself.

"Be right back." he said as he visibly tried to stifle a laugh.

"You can open it if you want." I said quietly as he sat back down next to me.

He tore the wrapping paper from the small box and opened it. Inside was a hand embossed leather cuff bracelet. It was custom made and I had all of our initials embossed on it. A smile formed on Damian's lips as his index fingers slowly slid over the letters.

"This is so beautiful! Thank you so much, Y/N! You're the best!" he thanked me before kissing me passionately.

"You're welcome. Can we have cake now?" I asked afterwards as my eyes wandered back and forth between the cake, Damian and Mateo.

"A little more patience, Mami! You haven't opened your present yet!" he said, placing a small box on my knee.

"I thought the cake was my present?" I asked confused as I started to open the box.

"Oh please! I'm not that lame!" he laughed.

I gasped when I saw what was in the small box. It was a necklace and Damian seemed to have had a similar thought as me. On the necklace hung 4 small pendants with our initials. They glittered like stars in the night sky.

"Oh my god. I love it! Thank you, D! It's perfect!" I gasped.

"I was hoping you'd like it." he replied a little sheepishly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. I smooched his full lips.

"Of course I love it. But I love you even more." I explained to him, looking at him with love.

"I love you too." he whispered, giving me another kiss.

"And now... Cake?" he asked afterwards.

"Yes please. Mateo? Baby, come to Mami!" I said as Damian began to cut the cake.

"Damian!" I gasped, reaching for his hand to get his attention.

"Look!" I added quickly.

He followed my gaze and we both watched as Mateo pushed himself off the ground with both hands and stood up. With wobbly steps he came the short way over to us. We watched him in total astonishment. When he wrapped his little arms around my leg, I could no longer hold back the tears.

Damian lifted Mateo to us on the couch. The little man looked at us proudly, as if he knew exactly what he had just done.

"Mateo, oh my baby! You can walk!" I sniffled and hugged him.

"You did so good, son." said Damian to him, wrapping us both in his arms.

"See? I told you he'd be waiting for you," I said quietly to Damian.

Together we enjoyed this very special day. It was one of many special days we still had ahead of us. I was sure of that.