22 Airport

Damian POV

I dragged my suitcase behind me and looked for my family as soon as I entered the arrivals hall. It wasn't long before I spotted Y/N with Mateo in her arms. This made me smile. With quick steps I walked towards the two.

"Hey, there you are! We missed you! Happy birthday again, D!" said Y/N as she put an arm around my waist and stretched so she could give me a kiss.

"Thank you princesa. I missed you guys like crazy too. And thank you for the wonderful gift." I replied as I gave her another kiss.

"Oh you found it then. Do you like the watch?" she asked smiling, but looking very tired at the same time.

"Yes, I love it. Come to Papi, monkey." I then said, reaching out my hands to our son.

"Don't bother. He absolutely won't let go of me today." she sighed as Mateo clung tightly to her shirt and buried his head against her shoulder.

Usually he stretched out his little arms for me as soon as he saw me. I was a little disappointed, but tried not to let it show.

"Aww... what's wrong with him?" I wanted to know as I stroked his back.

"He's getting a new tooth, I think. Or he's just in a really bad mood. I had to cancel on my client this morning because, after all, I can't cut her hair with one hand. You can't imagine how much he cried when I put him in his car seat. He cried all the way to the airport," she explained and then kissed the little man on the head.

"Our poor little one. And how are you? You don't look so good." said I worriedly.

"I don't know. I have a headache and feel a little run down. Maybe I'm getting a cold. And now of all times." she replied softly.

"Have you taken anything yet?" I wanted to know.

"Yes, of course! There's no way I'm going to miss our trip to Puerto Rico. I'm really looking forward to it. Even if it's just a few days and you have to work. It's still going to be pretty awesome and I want to finally meet your dad and introduce him to his grandson. I mean, properly and not just over video calls." she said.

"I'm really excited about it, too. It's an extra birthday present for me. Come on, then. Let's go home." I replied and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

She felt a little hot, but I didn't say anything. It was probably because of the headache and because Mateo was a little fussy. Y/N said she had been taking medication. So I tried to trust her and not worry too much.

I just had to make sure she drank enough water and got as much sleep as possible. 

"Can you drive? Then I can sit next to Mateo and hold his hand. Hopefully he won't cry the whole way again." said Y/N as we arrived at the car and I stuffed my luggage in the trunk.

"Sure. Are you done packing?" I asked as we got in the car and headed home.

"My things are ready. I just have to pack the last things for the little man. I hope he likes the flight again as much as the one to and from Vegas." she said as Mateo was already starting to whine.

"I hope so, too. And it's even a shorter flight and you won't be alone with him this time. Assuming he's better in the morning," I replied and kept looking in the rearview mirror.

"We'll see. At the airport, I bought a gel for babies at the pharmacy that is supposed to ease the pain from teething. Maybe that will help him. And I put his teething rings in the refrigerator. It cools." she replied while looking at Mateo.

"Mami, I see you are well prepared. That's something I love a lot about you." I said smiling.

"I love you too, Damian. And I'm already excited." Y/N replied.

"Me too. I can't wait to show you the island. And I also have a surprise planned," I said, but got no answer.

When I looked in the mirror again, I saw that she had fallen asleep and since there was nothing from Mateo, he had probably dozed off as well. That was good. They both needed to rest. We had a few great days ahead of us.