Chapter 29

Lauren's POV

He's making us go on rides till we die.

It's been an hour till Quinn and I joined Blake's "gang" and we've been riding on rides one after another like maniacs. Its been already five times that we've been on the roller-coaster and we are all worn out. Blake on the other hand looks like a ten year old on caffeine.

Okay, I won't bullshit you, the rides aren't that bad. Sure they are tiring and I feel trippy as fuck but you know what bugs me the most? The fact that Quinn and I have to pay for rides we don't even want to go. Tell me why do I have to pay for a third merry-go-round when I HATE merry-go-rounds?

Well, it could have been worse. He could have made both of us pay for ALL of their rides too. Thank god he's not smart enough.

"Dude, I'm tired," Reese says after we all get out from our fifth bumper car ride.

Blake completely ignores him and says, "On to the roller-coaster. Again." And then literally hops his way to the roller-coaster line.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" I say.

"He says it brings back his childhood memories and he cannot get enough of it," Olivia replies.

Olivia and I are on speaking term apparently. Turns out she's not half as bad as she seems. She just sometimes has crazy ideas out of nowhere.

We all move toward the roller coaster line. Quinn and I fall back at the end of the line.

"You know we can run away now if we want to. I bet you that narc wouldn't even realize that we are gone," Quinn whispers to me.

"We will," I whisper back. "Just after this ride."

Quinn looks confused.

"I really like roller-coasters," I say guiltily.

He laughs.

Olivia looks at me and says , "I am going to the loo. You want to come?"

Now, as a women myself, I can never say no when another fellow women asks me if I want to go to the washroom. That's one of our sacred girl code for- hey I'm too bored/scared to walk to the washroom by myself and I need you for comfort and safety.

I look at Quinn and say, "I'll be right back."

**

Blake's POV

I feel the adrenaline rushing through my vein as I wait in line for the coaster.

God, I love this.

I look back at the line and I see Olivia leaving with ugly.

I'm bored. Maybe I'll go rile things up a bit for fun.

I ask Reese to hold up my space as I move back in line to Quinn.

"Hey dude, " I say, grabbing his shoulder.

He moves his hand away and looks at me stone cold.

Yeah, he really likes me.

I smile, "You two getting good?" I ask innocently.

"None of your business," he says.

I chuckle and nod my head. "She's a great cook you know. You should visit her house sometimes. It's very cozy. And such a lovely brother too. "

He looks taken aback. God, its so easy to get to him. He's no match for ugly.

Speaking of whom, I see Olivia and ugly returning. I start going back to my place but suddenly I remember something else.

I turn to Quinn and say, "Oh, and can you please ask," I pause for a second and say, "Lauren to return me my clothes? As much as I love her wearing it, they are kind of my favorite outfit so yeah.."

Before he could say anything, ugly and Olivia was back and the line started to move too. I turn my back at them.

**

I see Blake turning his back as soon as we return. Has he been spewing bullshit again to Quinn? Well, Quinn does look kind of shocked.

"Everything okay?" I ask him.

Before he could answer the line starts moving and its our turn to ride. Everyone gets in a pair and start getting in the ride. Quinn gets in a empty seat and before I could take my seat beside him, Blake pulls me away and says, "You're with me."

Before I could say anything or Quinn could either, I find myself seating beside him and our seat belt locks.

"No getting off the ride now, " the ride guy (?) says.

"What the fucks wrong with you?" I ask Blake.

He shrugs his shoulder.

Soon after, the ride begins. Slowly at first, then gradually picks up its speed. I forget about my earthly woes- one of them sitting beside me right now-and feel excited for the thrill to come. The ride starts on a plane surface and then comes across curves which takes me high, making me feel like I am flying and then suddenly took such a downturn that I could feel my heart in my stomach. People start screaming and I join them. I close my eyes and scream as loud as possible, letting go all of my frustration and stress and anger and before I know it, the ride's over.

I open my eyes and look at Blake. He's smiling like an idiot, from ear to ear. He looks like an innocent child right now, I can't help but smile back at him too. He holds my hand and gives it a squeeze. And then brings my hand to his lips and kisses it. His warmth, his gratitude for life, you could feel all of it through that kiss. All I wanted to do was pat his head and say it was going to be okay kiddo, because at that moment, he really felt like a child.

I smile at him.

Our seat belt unlocks and suddenly he realizes what he's doing and lets go off my hand, and just like that - the Blake I knew was back again.

I shake my head and as I am about to get up, I see Quinn staring right at us from the counter. And as soon as we make eye contact, he leaves.

Needless to say, I run after him. 

***                                                                                ***                                                                                           ***

People, I'm back and you will be hearing from me on a daily basis now. Sorry about that. Sorry for holding off the story for this long too. Its just life was kind of being a bitch to me for a year or two. But I'm happy to announce that I got where I wanted to be in life and now everything is back on track. Hope you enjoy the new two chapters and the next chapters would be up VERY SOON. So keep an eye for that.

Thank you so much for bearing with me and giving my stupid story a chance. Much love.

<3