Chapter 13

Lauren's POV:

I feel my cheeks heat up as soon as I hear it.

That fucker wants me to do what?

I clench my fist and breathe slowly through my mouth. I read somewhere it's supposed  to cool the nerves.

Well, that's bullshit 'cause it ain't working.

I hear the boys laughing, Blake the loudest among them. And then there, just at that moment, my all sorts of senses that seemed to take leave when I decided to come here, returned.

What the fuck are you doing here, L?

Why am I here? To do justice to Kiara? To not make her a joke? If that's the reason then....

What's the guarantee that it's going to work? That Blake won't be an asshole and keep his end of the bargain?

That all of this would be worth it?

I may be here for Kiara but if Kiara were here, would she want me to be in this position? Humiliated?

Maybe it was the guilt, maybe it was something else, but right now, I got to get out of this shithole!

I just hope someday through some incident you'll finally get what I'm trying to say.

Maybe this is that "incident".

I stand up abruptly and the boy's laughter seizes. Then one of them says, "Woah, didn't take a lot of efforts to convince, eh?" He laughs .

I open my mouth to say something but at the last moment,  I decide not to.

It's not worth it.

I struggle my way out of the booth, almost falling getting bumped by Blake's damned ankles. I head towards the stairs to upstairs.

"Hey, where you going?"

I hear Blake asking. Soon I hear rustling footsteps behind me. I powerwalk my ass to the stairs.

Almost there!

I feel a hand enclosing around my wrists and soon I become face to face with a hard chest.

"I said, where are you going, ugly?" Blake says through gritted teeth.

I jerk myself free and say, "Out of here."

Surprising me, he laughs.

"No, you ain't.  In case you didn't hear, my friend over there wants a lap dance and he's gonna get one," he says. "Or....Or you know what happens, right?" His eyes hardens.

I cross my hands across my shoulders and say, "Oh you mean, you telling the whole school about my friend's death? Oh I remember. It's just that," I bow my head close to him and say, "I. Don't. Care." I smile and step away.

"And you right there, fucker, " I shout so that the guy over the booth can hear me, " if you want a lap dance, why don't you ask your whore of a mother for it. Sure she'll give it to you. I mean, she did bore you."

His laughter seizes.

I turn around to leave but Blake pulls me back again. He holds me by my arms so hard that it hurts.

That's gonna bruise for sure later.

I try hard to free myself but fail. He forces me to look him in the eye and then he says, " You. are .not. leaving."

"Well, watch me."

With that I push my leg up and with all my strength, aim it for his crotch.

As soon as my leg makes contact, I hear a groan and I feel the hands on me loosen .

And then I run.