Chapter-20

Two months later....

Lauren's POV

Score!

The coach blows the whistle as I score the winning basket.

It was PE class and today, coach Michiga decided that the weather seemed good enough to have a basketball game. Outdoors.

Guess I am in luck,because if there is one game that I am decent at - it is basketball.

The class was divided into two groups, both having a mixture of boys and girls. Olivia and Lacy were selected captain of the two teams.

Its been two months since I've came to Unity High. So many things occurred in this short period of time which makes my admission here seem yesterday.

After the drama within the first few days,things have returned quite to stable and believe it not,I'm leaving a pretty blissful life. All things considered.

I had decent grades in most of the subjects and most of the teachers were fond me because I never missed an assignment.

Does that make me a nerd?

Yeah probably.

Whatever.

I made some friends but the closest one I made was the curly haired and the nose pin girl I met at the very first sitting of The Club.

Turns out,the curly haired one was named Lacy and the nose pin girl was Nora.

Two months is a really short time to call someone your best friend but right now,they are the closest thing I have in this hellhole.

Lacy is really nice and sweet. Nora is totally the opposite of her. She is rude and doesn't really care what others think, a quality I deeply admire. But her difference with Lacy sometimes made me wonder how they were friends in the first place.

I guess it was pain which bonded them and I guess it was pain which bonded me to them too.

In short, they were nothing like Kiara but they were the next close thing.

The stupid biology project Blake and I had together was done and submitted. In the end, Blake finished it all by himself and put my name there, just for the sake. The grades weren't out on this but I am hopeful. He did do a good job on it.

Speaking of Blake, he's been rather quite during this time. After our short encounter at the fire exist of the school, he let me be. He stopped bullying me or bullying as a whole,for that matter. I mean, he still snickers like he'd be happy to eat me alive every time he looks my way but he hasn't bothered me or given me any trouble so I guess I can't really complain.

He comes to every single session of our club like he promised. Speaking of which, The Club is actually flying. After I convinced Blake to stop scaring people away, people started responding. Hesitantly first because they still could not believe Blake would actually leave them alone but as soon as they realized that,there was no looking behind.

There are eighty nine members at the moment and growing. Turns out,there are lot of people who wants a place to just talk and share their feelings and The Club was just a sigh of relief for them.

Our school counselor agreed to give us once a week of her time after seeing the massive response among the students.

There still isn't a particular theme behind it but no one really minds it. We talk about different things every session.

Some days its about mental illness or depression, some days its just about movies or superstars. It seemed to work for everyone so the no - theme rule conquered.

So many people share so many things here. If not sharing, people simply talk about something. Anything.

Everyone.

Well, everyone except Blake.

He just goes there in time, sits ,listens and when its over,he just leaves. He doesn't even talk to anyone.

I thought making him join The Club would help him grieve his brother or I don't know,help him in someway.

But he just doesn't talk.

At least I tried.

After the food war in the cafeteria,I had thought even if Blake stopped it would be next to impossible to stop a bunch of raging hormones to leave me alone.

But after the word got around that I somehow had managed Blake to let people come to The Club , they suddenly started seeing me as this badass goddess who stopped the Blake Richard.

Not going to lie, its kind of fun to be in this type of position which was new to me. People usually were too busy picking at me or just ignoring me as a whole.

And oh,the very important thing that happened over this two months, I have a boyfriend. His name is Quinn and we have chemistry and sociology together.

After I pulled out the whole charade with Blake, Quinn approached me and said that he thought the way I stood up to Blake was admirable and if I would like to date him because he surely would.

Of course I said yes.

He was nice. He was taller than me but definitely not as tall as Blake.He had admirable features but again, nothing close to Blake.

Remind me, why am I comparing him to Blake again?

He was kind,funny and charming . And most importantly he was addicted to Netflix so we bonded pretty quickly.

And also,he was a good kisser.

Anyway he is not my first boyfriend obviously. I mean, I may not be a looker but I have dated boys before. I heard it had something to do with something known as "personality"?

Ha! Just kidding.

Mostly it was boys trying to get close to Kiara.

And there are some guys out there who will date you for what's on the inside.

Not saying there's anything good inside me.

But yeah, mostly Kiara.

But without Kiara, Quinn was my first which just makes me nervous as fuck because without Kiara I've no idea how to act around " boyfriends ".

Like last Friday, Quinn and I went on a date and I asked Quinn if we could just go home because I had to pee and I hated public toilets.

And yes I said " pee" not - "Because I have to use the washroom."

Luckily, Quinn doesn't think I'm weird and I think the fact that we are good friends just helps us to be more comfortable with each other.

Life was treating me good and so was Unity High. After the shitty welcome I received, I never thought there would be anything hopeful here for me.

But I guess I'm no know-it-all am I?

I admit the first few days were pretty dramatic with Blake around but with him gone, I guess life was giving me the good side of karma now.

"You might wanna hit the shower. You stink," says Lacy. She smiles at me and grabs a towel and soon disappears in a stall.

I return to planet earth and hit the shower.
___________________________________________

Don't forget to vote and comment,love. ❤❤❤