Chapter-18

Lauren's POV

When I was a kid,I remember my brother teasing me for being dumb. I remember him calling me names and saying that a five year old had a better IQ than me which really didnt make sense since I was five years old then.

But ain't I a dumb fuck now?

I mean if you are going to fight against someone, wouldn't you like gather as much leverage as you can against them? Its in the damn handbook, god damn it!And what better way to do so than google.

Except, I forgot to do exactly that.

Turns out, Blake did know how it felt losing someone. He had a brother called James Richard who passed away three years back. He graduated from the same college my brother did. The same year too. Maybe I should ask Ian if he knew anything about this.

Search showed the reason of death was crushed cranium. He fell from a rooftop at a graduation party. At the night of the graduation.

That must have been devastating. Hanging your sons graduation degree and preparing for his funeral within less than twelve hours must have been hard for his entire family.

None the less, there might be a lot of things Blake had no idea about but grief was definitely not one of them. It also may have been the reason he's so mean and rude. And a bully.

Not that it justifies the type of things he does!

But what was very confusing was that if there was something that hurt your loved ones wouldn't you stay away from it?

It really didn't make sense.

But so doesn't Blake, so whatever.

I strech myself out on my bed. Todays been hectic for a lot of reasons and I couldn't find the time to hit google. So now its 12:00 am and I'm up in my room trying to figure out Blake.

I hear a gentle tap on my door and soon Ian's head pops in my doorway. He lets himself in and sits on my bed. He takes a look at my laptop.

"What's this all about?'' He points to it.

I disregard his question completely because seriously, who cares about him? Instead I ask him if he knew James Richard.

" Yeah. He passed the same year i did,didn't he? He was a shy kid. Quite, a loner. I remember him because people used to bully him a lot. I mean, he was so easy to pick at. He never protested. Never even complained. Probably why he ended up killing himself."

I immediately sit up.

"What do you mean he killed himself? I thought it was an accident."

He crosses his leg on my bed.

"Well, that's what his parents wanted the media to know. You know, his parents are filthy rich and they probably didn't want a stain in their name. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. I mean your kid just died and all you care about is your reputation."

"Well are you sure about this?" I ask.

Ian just gives me a look and says, "L, I was there on the party,okay? I even saw the dead body. The roof they keep mentioning, it had railings so high that you literally had to climb it to cross it. There's no way on earth he just... Fell."

I lay back in my bed and close my eyes , letting the things I just got to know sink in.

Ian took that as an invitation to leave(thankfully!) And he left the room, closing the door behind him, just as I like it.

Once he was gone,I let my mind wonder to places and try to figure out things as best as possible.

So the biggest problem right now, even with all this stuff going on is, I have a test on Monday and if I don't get my lazy ass to the table then I'm going to flunk it. Bad, if I may add. So got to do that.

I have to buy real food tomorrow because if I don't then we have to starve because Ian doesn't have the time to shop with his classes and his job going on so I have to. And lets just say, I have turned a blind eye on that matter for a while.

So these are my problems right now. And Blake. Obviously.

So Blake had someone close to him die from suicide and he still had the nerve to come to me and threaten me about Kiara's death when he knew this was the type of thing you don't just kid around about.

Does the school know? If so, whom did they believe? The media or the actual truth.

And now that I know the actual truth, what am I supposed to do with it?

And The Club!

I have to find a way to stop Blake from scaring people away. I worked really hard for this and I can't just let it all go to vain.

There has to be a way.

Any way...

Well there is a way.

No. That's too bad. And it might not even work.

Well but you got to give it a try.

No. This is the worst. And isn't this the type of behavior I absolutely condemn?

But if its the only way.
___________________________________________

Do vote and comment people. ❤❤