Chapter - 24

Lauren's POV

I slowly open my eyes to the blinding light of the day. The headache was gone and I felt a lot better than I did before I went to sleep last night.

I was actually quite right about me being lucky if I didn't catch a fever after the locker room incident. Turns out, I wasn't so lucky after all ; because late evening, I had a severe headache and a terrible fever. I was also quite tired after all that happened at school and just wanted to sleep my worries away. So I went to bed early last night before Ian returned from his job.

I pick my phone from my bed side and check the time. Its 10 am. Wow! I slept for a while.

Then I check for any phone calls and messages. Nora and Lacy left messages wanting to know if I was okay and was home as they couldn't find me after school yesterday. I quickly sent them a message and explain briefly about Olivia's misdeed and Blake's deal.

Speaking of the devil,seems like I've had fourteen missed calls from Blake and five messages asking me - no, demanding me -  to meet with him at school.

So he hasn't noticed I'm not at school today. Good.

My phone starts to ring and I see Blake's caller id. I answer it.

"Hello." I say.

"Hey,ugly . I thought you'd be on time today, you know, to keep your end of the deal. Besides, you seem like someone who loves being on time. So, why haven't you received my calls ? And why haven't I spotted you yet?" He says.

Why doesn't anything good last ever?

I say, " Aww.. Are you looking for me? That's sweet. Didn't know you could miss someone because that would take a person to look beyond themselves, which I thought was impossible for you. But thank you though.I'm touched." I roll my eyes.

He laughs. "Stop rolling your eyes and get your ass here, ugly. I got stuff for you to do."

This man seriously has eyes everywhere.

"I can't . I'm sick." I say.

"Well I don't care. Don't forget your deal,babe. Seven days. And its started. You want me to sent you that recording of yours to jog your memory a bit huh? " He pauses. "Be a good girl and get over here,ugly. I'm waiting for you."

I grab my head and I could already feel the headache returning but this time it has something more to do with the attitude of this arrogant human being. I. Hate.Him.

"Fine." I say.

He says,"Great."

"Hey Blake -"

"Yeah?"

"Don't ever call me babe." And then I enjoy the sweet pleasure of hanging the phone up on people you hate the most.

It takes a lot of effort for me to get out of the bed. It feels like I'm trying to move under water. I grab the thermometer from my bedside drawer and quickly take a reading of my body temperature. Ninety nine degrees fahrenheit. I'll take it.

I get ready as steady as possible without tripping or falling down. I put on whatever outfit I could put my hands on as the last thing thats on my mind right now is my appearance.

I couldn't eat something last night as I had no appetite. I make a quick sandwich and shove it in my mouth. Then I'm out the door and en route to school.

When I arrive at school, I hear the ring bell declaring the end of break time. I go straight to the cafeteria because I know that's where I'll find Blake with his group of douches.