Chapter 15

Blake's POV:

I give myself a last look in the rearview mirror before stepping out of the car. As usual I enter the school at the last possible second before it can be considered as "late".

Not that it would matter!

I get glances from almost every girl that passes by. Even the ones that try not to be obvious. And some guys too.

You'd think I'd get used to this after all this year!

As I enter the hallway towards my locker, I see Jason, Reese and Olivia standing in a circle, talking in hushed voices.

As soon as they see me, they stop talking all at once.

How typical!

I open my locker and say, " Oh please, don't mind me. I'm just getting my stuff. Please do continue."

Olivia looks at the other two and steps up.

How typical again!

"Blake,umm, you just missed something ."

"Yeah? What? " I say getting the books I need in the bag.

"You know, Lauren? The new girl? She..uuh...did something."

"Oh, has the little bitch finally decided to show up?"

She missed school for five days.Her brother called in for some emergency and asked the principal for a week's leave for her to, as I heard and I quote, "solve some personal problems".

I don't know how the principal even allowed considering the fact she still comes to school after break AND STRAIGHT GOES TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!!

I think he sympathies with her
more than usual for her parents. Her loss of it, to be exact.

I close my locker, turn to Olivia and say, " And what exactly did she do?"

"This."

I sigh loudly as I hear the voice which has become too familiar to me and which I oddly missed the last few days.

I turn and see her smiling, which is weird, because between the two of us, its usually me who smiles. Not her.

She's wearing probably the baggiest jeans in the entire school and a clearly oversized T-shirt , covered with a flannel shirt.

Its like she's not even trying.

She walks towards me with a bunch of papers in her hands which look like fliers. She stops a couple of feet from me.

"You missed this," she says waving those papers in front of me.

I raise my brows in confusion.

She takes one from the bunch and shoves it in my hand.

I stare down at the paper in my hand and freeze for a while.

What the hell?

At least I was right about one thing. It is a flier. About a new club at our school. Named...The Club.

"What the hell?" I say, still in confusion.

She smiles sweetly at me and says, "Well, clearly its a club."

"About what?"

"Whatever it needs to be. Mainly for mental heath and counseling and just simply....talking. Conversing and helping each other."

"And its called  'The Club'?" I say.

"Till we find a better name, yes."

"Anything would be a better name than 'The Club", ugly."

Her smile disappears for a second and her jaw tightens.

Still hating this name, eh, ugly?

I chuckle thinking.

But soon she recovers her posture, putting on that same stupid smile. She puckers her lips and says , "Aww, aren't you concerned about its name? Don't worry, you can suggest it anytime you want. Considering the fact, you are one of the founder and host if it."

I'm sorry.....WHAT?

"What do you mean?" I say, annoyed.

"Just take a proper look, silly" she says. She points down towards the end where the names of hosts are written. Where MY name is written.

"Oh,you didn't know about that?"she says, faking a sad look." Oops. Surprise then, I guess. "

Before I can say anything, she raises her hand, stopping me and says,''Oh there's a even better surprise for you. Right about...,"she looks down at the flier,points at a certain place and says, "Here."

I follow her finger and look down.

I can't believe it! Is this the story of....

"Kiara. You know, I thought since you were soo curious about her and her death, and so eager to let the entire school know, why not help you do it? Plus, i think it just shows how much important it is to talk about how you're feeling before its too late. All the more reason to join The Club. So there. Now you know and so does the entire school. And do you hear that?," she takes a step towards me, shortening the distance between us. She places her hand circling her ear and says, "No one's laughing. Not at me. Or Kiara. So..what leverage do you have now, Blake?" She stands straight and looks me dead in the eyes.

I crumble the paper in my hand and throw it away.

"Don't get too happy,ugly. You don't know me."

This time, she laughs. Five awkward seconds pass by as she keeps laughing and I keep staring. Like an idiot.

"What's so funny?" I say,clearly being annoyed for not getting even one chance to smile this entire conversation while she keeps doing just that every now and then.

Finally,she stops and says, "Nothing. Its just that...a) that line only suits Zayn when he says it his own way..you know,in that raspy,sexy voice of his,unlike yours.." She laughs again.

She clearly sees the confusion on my face because she continues saying," You know..the one that goes like...you don't know me,in a video of his," she unsuccessfully tries to make it sound like the way she just described, raspy, sexy, so unlike me and
.....so so SO annoying.

Olivia laughs at her impression and I hear the others trying to stifle their laughter.

"Oh and b).." She says again. Suddenly she wipes of the smile and wears a serious expression.

"I know you and your type. I know the type of dickheads  you are and I also knew that after everything that happened in the cafeteria that you'd be after me. Even if I didn't do anything you'd still take it as a challenge and will do everything to make me lose though I was not even fighting."

She closes the distance between us and says,"Well guess what fucker, I sure as hell am fighting now and the game is freaking on."

Then she suddenly turns around and starts walking towards the corridor.

"See you at the club, Blake."

I hear her voice fading.