Chapter-8

Lauren's POV

"Hi."

As I open my door , I freeze in my place.

What the hell? Is this really happening to me?

Blake Richard, the one person I want to stay away from, is standing on my doorstep. Smiling at me like he is the happiest person on the planet.

Gosh he smiles a lot!

"What do you want?" I ask him , regaining my composure and acting like the totally opposite of what I'm feeling inside right now. Calm.

He says," Ouch! I just met you after three days and this is the kinda greeting that I get? That hurt."

" Hope it does," I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing. Why are you here?"

He smiles a little bit more (if that's even possible) and says, " Did you forget partner that we are...well partners? You missed the school for three days. I can't let your grades drop can I? So being the great guy that I am I brought the work to you. Now if you are done interrogating me , can I come in?"

"No!" I scream immediately.

I've been skipping school for three days in a row for the sole purpose of staying away from him. And now he's asking my permission to get into my house? Oh heck to the no!

"Thank you," he says as he moves me aside and enters into my house. I stand stunned.

The nerve of the guy!

I close the door and follow him inside. I find him in our kitchen. He took a glass from the counter, poured water and finished it in a gulp.

"So where do you wanna study? Is this here fine? Or do you wanna get a little bit personal and take me to your room?,"he says with a wink.

"Actually nowhere would be a great place," I say while crossing my arms.

"Aww, don't be so cruel. Don't you want your grades to be better than your previous school? Even I would want better grades if I were you. Especially in this subject. Honestly I expected better than a C from you. I'm disappointed," he says with a sad face.

Did he...did he really stalk me?

"Did you stalk me?" I say half believing it.

He shrugs and says, "I might have. I wanna know my partner better. Is there something wrong with it?"

"Get out of my house!" I whisper as I shake with anger.

How dare he intrude on my personal life without my permission? Who does he think he is?

"What?" he asks innocently.

" I said...," I look at him and say, " GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE AT THIS FUCKING MOMENT!"

"Woah! Easy there birdie," he says.

" You don't have to be so rude. I mean I will leave eventually. It's not like I'm gonna stay here forever. Well, not unless you want me to?" he winks again.

"Who are you?"

I turn around as I hear a very familiar sound coming right behind me. I was so angry at him I didn't even hear the front door open and my brother stepping in.

"Blake Richard," he says.

"No one," I say. At the same time.

My brother looks confused as he shifts sight from him to me. "Laur, is everything alright? Who is this guy and what is he doing here?"

"I already told you who I am and I'm here to save your sister's dropping grades. She had been absent from school for three days in a row," he says.

"I had emergencies," I blurted out quickly before my brother could question me further.

Now if you leave alone with your brother or any guy for that matter, "emergencies" or "sick" are just code words for "I-am-having-my-period". And if there is one thing that can stop guys questioning, it's period.

The same thing happened with my brother. He blushed a little bit and said, "Okay. Tell me if you guys need something. I'll be in my room." With that being said he walked upstairs and soon I heard the sound of him closing his door .

I grab Blake by the sleeves of his shirt and drag him outside.

"Woah! Gotta say, you ARE pretty strong for a girl. No wonder you broke the nose of a guy in your previous school," he says as we are in the front yard.

I could feel my face heat up a bit. I say, " Look. I'll meet you at school tomorrow. So whatever is it we are working on we'll do it then. Now please leave. "

"Okay," he says.

Wait! He agreed?

"O-kay," I say, still half believing it.

"At one condition," he says with a smirk.

Of course! Why am I even surprised?

I cross my arms and say, "What is it?"

"I need you to come to a party tonight."

*_*_*