Chapter-12

A memory:

"Hey,it's okay,honey. It's okay. What is it? Did something happen at school?" I see my mom's concerned eyes looking deep into mine. Then her face suddenly hardens and she says," Was it the boys again?"

I cry a little harder and my mom understands. She always did.

"Oh honey," she pulls me towards herself and embraces me hard. I sniff in her smell, already feeling better in her arms, feeling protected.

"You gotta stand up for yourself, dear. You must. I mean, you won't let me do anything about it . Heck, you wouldn't even tell me their names. The least you could do is stand up for yourself."

I mumble on her chest," You don't get it,ma. They...they are just gonna make it worse."

"I understand,honey. But whatever's happening now, is it any better?"

I cry again as it reminds me again about today's incident.

"There, there,girl. Fine I won't pressure you. And anyway I don't think it's gonna be of any use because you are what you are and no matter what I say, you'll always be what you are.  And I know you feel like,my words are senseless because I couldn't possibly know what it feels like to be you and you are right. Nobody does. But I just hope someday through some incident you'll finally get what I'm trying to say. Just like I did. And then..."

She pulls me away and tips my chin up.

"Then maybe you can tell off those bastards or others bastards like them."

I gigled.

"What? I mean it, " my mom says.

I smile and say, "I know,mom, that you do. It's just that.....you just cursed in front of me."

*_*_*

Just gonna say I'm back and will update regular now. So vote,comment and share. And thank you for your patience.

😁🤗😊😍😘