Chapter-30

Lauren's POV

"You realize that the entire thing sounds absolutely bonkers, right Lauren?" Quinn asks me.

Quinn and I are sitting outside the school and having a much needed conversation about - what the hell is going on? We still have half an hour left before classes start and I thought it would be the perfect time to have "the talk". Well, It's me who is talking mostly. Quinn is just listening intensely , like his life depended on it, while I proceed to explain him yesterdays "event" which he witnessed between Blake and me. 

And also everything before that. 

So now if there is one other soul who is aware of the reason behind why I put up with Blake's bullshit, it's my boyfriend.

Surprisingly he's taking it quite well. Not going to lie, I was kind of expecting him to be unreasonably mad and throw his hands around while I try my ass off to get him to calm down so I could tell him my side of the story. But when I asked him if we could talk, he was very civilized about it and took me outside.

I'm so glad I have a boyfriend who's breaking all my expectations of a boyfriend but in a good way.

"Yeah, I realize that," I say. "But it is what it is," I shrug my shoulders, trying to say it in the meme-kinda way.

He laughs. "I can't believe you are joking about this." He says," Blake is not good news, Lauren. And what kind of a deal was that anyway? It's childish as fuck. Who cares about the recording? You can't seriously do what he says because he found you in a sticky situation and decided to help you. Just leave it be. What's he going to do? Drag your ass to court?"

"I know that. But-" I pause, "But it's more about the fact that I gave him my word. I know its stupid and childish but it matters to me that I keep my word to people." Quinn looks confused. I say, "Look I can't really make you understand but it's important that I do what I said I'd do. And besides, if I can somehow get through today, I'll only have three more days to go and then we both go our separate ways. "

"And you are sure he's going to leave you alone." Quinn crosses his arms.

I think about it. "If he doesn't I'll find some other way." I say, "Look. Why are we talking about that fucker anyway? He doesn't matter to me. AT ALL. You do." I rub his arms. "So just tell me you are not mad at me and everything is good between us."

Quinn hugs me. "Of course it is, Lauren. I just wish things weren't so shitty for you."

**

It's lunch break which means that I've made it halfway through the day and surprisingly enough - without having an encounter with Blake. I don't know where that dude's at but I haven't seen him at school all day. Can't say I miss him though.

I spot Lacy and Nora, sitting on a table and I take my tray to go sit with them.

"Hey guys, " I say while I pull out a chair to sit.

They both smile at me warmly. 

"What's up?" I say while tearing off a capri sun.

They look at each other and then look back at me. They bring their heads closer together and Nora whispers, "What's up with YOU?" 

I shake my head in confusion.

"We had a talk with Quinn," Lacy says, "I can't believe you are actually following through that recording. I agree with Quinn on this one. It isn't the smartest thing to do. Especially when a guy like Blake is involved. Who knows what he can make you do?"

"You're being too soft, Lacy," Nora says. Then she looks at me says, "You are being an absolute fucking idiot right now by doing what you are doing. Thought you were smarter than this to be honest," she says, crossing her arms.

Needless to say I put the capri sun down. Serious shit is going down.

"I understand why you guys are all annoyed with me but-" I give them a smile. "Just trust me, okay?"

Nora sighs. "Look you know how I am. I cannot be subtle and I cannot help but express what's on my mind. And right now, its concern. For you." Nora pauses. She smacks her lips together and that's when I know she's going to say something which she really doesn't want to say but which needs to be said regardless.

"Do you like him?" she asks.

"Who?" I ask confused.

She gives me a look. And then I realize what she's talking about.

"Ew, no fucking way Nora. What the hell? Why would you even think that? Blake's an ass and I have an amazing boyfriend. I would have to be insane to even have to think about liking Blake. Seriously, someone needs to lock me up in whatever universe I tend to like that dick." I physically cringe just thinking about it.

I look at Nora. Instead of having an expression that says oh-thank-god-my-friends-not-crazy, she still has this grave look on her face which tells the worst is yet to come.

"Well then, you like it." she says.

"And what is it supposed to mean?" I ask.

"The thrill. The high, maybe? The fact that he presents you with challenges while being a challenge himself. He pushes your boundaries and makes you do stuffs that you yourself don't think are capable of."

Not going to lie- I felt my world shake a little.

I guess my face shows that because Nora looks me apologetically and says, "Look, I don't want to hurt you or make you feel bad about yourself. It's just-" She runs her hand through her hair, "I've seen a lot of people like that. Especially those who never leave abusive relationship, be it romantic or platonic. And even when they leave it, they can't seem to get over it. And what Blake does to you, is nothing less than abuse."

**