Chapter -14

Lauren's POV:

I run all the way up and out of the house. When I'm in the lawn, I pause for a second and take two deep breathes. Allowing oxygen in my tired lungs who are so inexperienced in the unoccational running and jumping.

After I feel my nerves calm a bit, I run again. I run as much as I can, all the way. I run and I think. And when I can't run anymore, I walk and think.

Okay! So you got out of the house, safe, if I dare to say. You taunted a well deserved motherfucker and you broke Blake Richard's nuts. Hopefully!

I'm not sure if I did actually.  As far as I can remember, my legs didn't even hit his crotch. It hit his abdomen.

Well, at least it hurt and in my defence, it was my first time doing that kinda  shit and I'm sorry if I'm not a professional nut cracker!

Nut cracker? Nut breaker? What I mean is I don't go around kicking people in the crotch so.....yeah.

And the jab about the mom was low too. But..Oh well, it's the best I could come up with within those seconds.

And I lied about something. I did care. I always did.

I could see the lights on.my house on from the corner of our street. When I reach the front door, I take my spare key out and open the door.

"Where were you, Lauren?" Ian says, jumping up from the couch and coming towards me.

"Have you seen the time?"

"Uhhh..."

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Uhh..."

"Why are you so goddamn late,Lauren? You know I get worried about you especially after..." he leaves the sentence hanging.

I raise my hands up in  defence and pull him to the couch by his hands, "I know, I know. Come sit with me for a second."

He looks confused and worried.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes," I say. "It's just that...I'm really happy today. "

He smiles and says," Yeah? And why's that?"

"I think I finally made mom proud." I smile and say.

"Mom proud? L, are you in trouble?"

I bump his head and say,  " No, silly. At least , not anymore. Atleast i hope so.By the way, do you happen to have the number of our principal?"

*_*_*

I know the uploads are a bit late,it's just that I've my exams going on right now and it ends this Thursday so the new chapter's gonna be up on that day, hopefully. 😅

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this book. Click on the star button to vote and comment to let me know your opinion on the story. Any guesses what's gonna happen next?
❤❤❤