ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

"Now that is something I can judge you on."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"You gonna talk?" Derek asks Charlotte as they drive to the High School, that Charlotte had reluctantly agreed to go to.

Charlotte shrugs in reply.

"Do you wanna speak?" Derek asks her.

Charlotte shakes her head instantly.

"Do you still wanna go to school?" Derek asks, making Charlotte shrug again.

"You gonna answer that text?" Derek asks, making Charlotte turn to him.

"What?" She asks.

"The text, in your phone." Derek repeats, making Charlotte look down, seeing a text from Lydia.

Saying that she'll meet Charlotte at the entrance of the school.

"Who's it from?" Derek asks, seeing her just put her phone back on her lap.

"A person." Charlotte replies.

"What's their name?" Derek questions.

"Lydia." Charlotte sighs.

"Who?" Derek asks in confusion, never hearing of a Lydia in his lifetime, especially from Charlotte.

"Just a girl I met at the shops yesterday." Charlotte replies quietly.

"Is she the one you were texting all night last night?" Derek asks, making Charlotte turn to him with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're forgetting that I have enhanced hearing, I can hear you sending the texts." Derek replies with a smirk.

Charlotte huffs, looking at her phone in betrayal.

"Well, at least you're making friends." Derek raises his eyebrows.

"We aren't friends, I don't like friends, too much effort. And I bet you my entire Hale savings that Lydia is just gonna drop me after she experiences one of my episodes." Charlotte turns her body towards Derek, speaking in a matter of fact tone.

"You don't know that." Derek shakes his head.

"It happened in New York multiple times. I doubt Beacon Hills is gonna be any different." Charlotte sends her cousin a look.

"Well, you never know. You haven't been here for six years." Derek shrugs before they pull into the High School parking lot.

"Thanks." Charlotte sends him a small smile.

"Text me if wanna come home or-" Derek starts.

"Or if I feel like I'm gonna lash out and lose control. Yup." Charlotte finishes his sentence with a nod, making Derek smile at her.

"Have a good day." Derek tells her as she gets out of the car.

"I'll try." Charlotte sighs before she shuts the car door.

She quickly moves out of the way before Derek can run her over with his car, she playfully rolls her eyes when she sees Derek laughing at her before he drives away.

"Fucker." Charlotte mutters to herself before turning to the school.

Her nervous state instantly creeping up on her, making her flinch a little.

She takes a deep breath before she walks towards the school, her hands shake a little, making her dig her nails into her palms.

She sighs to herself when she sees Lydia waiting for her, like she promised she would.