ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"And here I thought you were smart. That thought is dwindling by the second."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

The next day, Charlotte is standing behind a few trees in the preserve, watching as Derek gets escorted out of the Hale House by the deputies in handcuffs.

"Told you you'd get arrested a few days after we got here." Charlotte mutters, knowing that Derek is keeping on his enhanced hearing.

"Shut up, Arlo." She hears Derek mutter, making the girl let out a small laugh.

She watches as Derek turns to Scott with the most deadliest glare that he's ever given someone.

And Charlotte thought she had some of the worst ones.

"Yikes." Charlotte mutters, wincing a little when she sees the fear in Scott's eyes.

But she has to admit, it's quite funny.

She leans her head against the tree she's leaning on, listening to the Sheriff question a few deputies about where Charlotte is.

That's until her attention turns to Stiles, who is stupidly walking towards the cop car that Derek is in.

"Oh, this is gonna be hilarious." Charlotte mutters, trying her hardest to keep he smile on her face subtle.

"No. No. Stiles!" She hears Scott whisper yell, making her eyes snap towards him.

She watches as Scott frantically shakes his head at Stiles, who looks straight at him, but ignores him and gets into the passenger seat of the cop car anyways.

Charlotte rolls her eyes with a small scoff at the two boys before she leans off of the tree and walks away from the scene.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"I can't find anything about wolvesbane being used to bury a werewolf." Scott shakes his head at Scott.

"Because you don't." A voice tells them from the back of the Jeep, making the two boys scream and turn to see an amused Charlotte.

"How long have you been in here?" Stiles asks her with wide eyes, quickly looking back at the road so they don't crash.

"I've been in here since you went into that cop car to speak to Derek. Does he actually scare you?" Charlotte asks Stiles.

"He's very intimidating." Stiles nods.

"Why didn't you tell us you were in here?" Scott asks her.

"Because it's funny seeing the fear on both of your faces when you get scared." Charlotte smiles at them innocently.

"That's not funny." Stiles shakes his head.

"It really is." Charlotte nods at him.

"Wait, what was you saying about the wolvesbane not being used for burial?" Scott asks her.

"Maybe they bury you as a wolf?" Stiles suggests before Charlotte could answer Scott's question.

"No." Charlotte shakes her head.

"Maybe it's a special skill? Maybe you learn it?" Stiles suggests.

"Then I'll put it right on my to do list. Right below how the hell I'm playing this freaking game tonight." Scott sighs.

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves..." Stiles trails, turning to Charlotte, who is looking at Scott in concern.

"Charlotte?" Stiles asks, but she ignores him, too focused on listening to Scott's heartbeat.