ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Void killed Stiles' last brain cell."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Lydia jumps when Charlotte just bursts into her room, her eyes wide and unblinking as she looks down to the floor, seemingly deep in thought.

"Arlo?" Lydia asks in worry, setting her phone down in front of her on the bed.

"What?" Charlotte asks, looking up at the redhead.

"Are you okay?" The Banshee asks.

"Yeah, I'm... not in my loft." Charlotte looks around with furrowed eyebrows, making Lydia look at her in confusion.

"Why the fuck did I come here?" Charlotte asks.

"I don't know." Lydia shrugs.

"Oh well, I'm here now." Charlotte shrugs, walking over to Lydia and laying back on her bed.

Lydia and Charlotte jump when more light flickers out of Charlotte's hands, making the Lynx let out a groan of frustration.

"I am sick and tired of this shit." Charlotte grumbles, wiping her hands on her shirt with a roll of her eyes.

"It'll all be over soon. And hopefully, you'll gain control over your powers again." Lydia hums, looking down at her phone when she gets a text.

Charlotte looks up at Lydia whilst she's distracted, her eyes darting between every small detail on the redhead's face.

The Lynx purses her lips in thought for a few moments before sits up, sitting right in front of Lydia and crossing her legs.

Lydia looks up at the sudden movement, tilting her head a little when she sees the pure nervousness on the Lynx's face.

Charlotte takes a deep breath, squeezing her eyes shut for a second before she slowly reaches out, gently moving Lydia's hair out of her face.

Lydia smiles a little when Charlotte gently cups the redhead's face, the Lynx's thumb rubbing her skin gently as she tries to stop her hands from shaking too much.

"This is gonna sound like I'm cheesy as fuck, but I don't wanna hurt you." Charlotte tells Lydia, genuine fear flashing through the Lynx's eyes.

"You're not gonna hurt me, dumbass." Lydia laughs a little.

"I don't believe you." Charlotte shakes her head, a hint of knowing in her tone.

"Okay, then in what sense?" Lydia asks the Lynx curiously.

"I don't fucking know. I can't tell the future." Charlotte scrunches her nose.

"Actually..." Lydia trails with a small smirk.

"That discussion is unimportant at this very moment." Charlotte interjects with a smile.

"Then what is important at this moment?" Lydia asks curiously.

"The huge urge I'm feeling to kiss you and I really want you to initiate it so I know that you're okay with it and I'm too scared to actually ask you properly just in case you say you're not- not like there's anything wrong with that of course, you're allowed to say no and I wouldn't care..." Charlotte trails when she sees the amused look on Lydia's face.

"And I'm rambling... sorry. I just really don't wanna make you uncomfortable." Charlotte sighs, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"You're pretty when you blush." Lydia smirks, quoting Charlotte from yesterday.

"This isn't me blushing because you called me 'pretty' or some shit, this is me blushing because I wanna die in a hole somewhere because that was the most embarrassing shit ever." Charlotte blurts out, making Lydia playfully roll her eyes.