ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Wait, wait- don't tell me. Don't tell me, I've got this..."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"So, when I was in the preserve, I saw these demonic Elmos on the phone to that bird I keep dreaming about. I fucking knew they were working together." Charlotte rambles as she sits down next to Lydia and Scott, who look at her with wide eyes.

"You're okay?" Scott asks in surprise.

"In what sense?" The Lynx asks curiously.

"Physically?" Lydia asks.

"Yup." Charlotte nods.

"Emotionally?" Scott asks.

"Gonna need to come back on that one." Charlotte winces after a few moments.

"Mentally?" The Banshee asks with a small hum.

"No." Charlotte instantly shakes her head.

"So... you're fine?" Scott asks after a few moments.

"Why do people keep asking me if I'm okay?" The Hale furrows her eyebrows a little in confusion.

"Because you were missing." Scott and Lydia reply simultaneously.

"I know." The Lynx hums.

"Arlo- we thought you were dead." Scott sighs.

"I know." Charlotte repeats.

"Then why are you so calm?" Lydia asks exasperatedly.

"Because Stiles dreamt the whole thing." Charlotte shrugs.

"W- what..?" Scott stammers in surprise.

"Don't worry, my dreams are way better." Charlotte waves off before she spots the Sheriff walking towards them.

"You. I swear to god... both of you-" Sheriff starts, gesturing to the Lynx and the direction he just came from, indicating he's also talking about Stiles.

"Scared me to death." Sheriff tells her, raising his eyebrows a little.

"So... it's just a regular Thursday then." The Lynx hums, taking a few moments before she double takes the adult.

"Where's Stiles? Is he okay?" Charlotte asks worriedly, the three teens instantly standing up.

"Yeah. He's sleeping for now and he's just fine. He can't remember much, it's all like a dream to him." Sheriff replies with a small nod.

"How the hell did I not find him? I should have found him- he was right there." Charlotte stresses to herself, talking about the time she was looking for Stiles in the preserve.

"Hey- thank you." Sheriff speaks up, making the Lynx look up to see Rafael, making Charlotte huff.

"Great. Here comes the chicken from Moana." Charlotte mumbles, making Scott snicker a little, whereas Lydia rolls her eyes playfully, nudging Charlotte a little, making the Lynx look at her and wink.

"It was that repellant that we sprayed in the Coyote den to keep other animals out." Rafael nods.

"Oh, that's what it was. No wonder it was physically painful to go near that shit in Lynx form." Charlotte realises, nodding to herself a little.

"Why didn't you just go there in human form?" Lydia asks in confusion.

"Because I'm a dumbass who forgot I could do that." The Lynx mumbles in reply.

"What- be human?" The Banshee asks with a small scoff.

"Yeah. Basically." Charlotte nods.

"Wow." Lydia raises her eyebrows.