ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Kill it with fire."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Stiles asks in confusion.

"I'm here because I could use some help. Actually... your help." Sheriff gestures to Scott and Charlotte.

"Why us?" Scott and Charlotte ask, high fiving each other for speaking at the same time.

"Because, eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident." Sheriff replies.

"It wasn't me." Charlotte shakes her head, discreetly pointing to Scott with an innocent look on her face.

"It wasn't Scott, either." Sheriff shakes his head with a small amused smile, watching as Scott turns to Charlotte with an offended expression.

"One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found." Sheriff continues, making Charlotte tilt her head a little.

"There's enough evidence that have me think that a werewolf could have caused the accident and dragged her body away. If you two could somehow get a lock on her scent and if you could somehow help me find the body, I could provide a missing clue..." Sheriff trails.

"What if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asks his dad.

"Then there's somebody who's murdered and entire family, who needs to be caught." Sheriff replies.

"We get to figure out another case?" Charlotte asks happily, making Sheriff nod at her.

"Yes. I love doing these." Charlotte claps her hands happily.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

Scott, Stiles and Charlotte quietly walk into the Tate home, immediately looking around Malia's old bedroom.

Scott and Charlotte turn around when they hear the door start to creek, only to be met with Stiles wincing as he slowly shuts the door.

Charlotte sends him a look, using her ability to just slam the door shut, a little too loudly.

"Why did you have to slam it? There was no need for you to slam the door." Stiles tells her exasperatedly.

"Why didn't you slam the door?" Charlotte asks, making Stiles look at her blankly.

"Can we just focus, please?" Scott tells them, making the two nod and look around the room.

Charlotte walks over to the drawers, instantly spotting a picture of Malia and presumably her little sister, holding a doll in her hand.

Charlotte furrows her eyebrows a little in confusion, kinda recognising the girl in the picture.

"All I'm getting is some kind of animal smell..." Scott trails, making Charlotte turn away from the picture.

"You could probably smell Isaac on you." Charlotte hums, making Stiles let out a snicker.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles asks, just before a loud growl comes from the doorway, making the three teens turn to see a large dog staring at them.

"Dog." Scott replies, just as Stiles pulls Charlotte away from the dog.

"I wanna pet it." Charlotte tells her best friend.

"It'll bite you." Stiles points out incredulously.

"I'll bite it back." Charlotte shrugs.

"Arlo- no-" Stiles starts, shaking his head a little.