ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Where the hell is the popcorn?"

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Derek?" Jennifer calls out as she runs into the loft.

"Hey- Derek? Where are you?" Jennifer asks, looking around the place breathlessly.

"I'm right here." Derek speaks up, making the woman turn with relief written all over her face.

"Oh thank god." Jennifer sighs in relief, running over to the werewolf, hugging him tightly.

"Something happened at the recital. And- I need to tell you before you hear it from any of them." Jennifer tells him frantically.

"From who?" Derek asks in confusion.

"Scott, Stiles, Charlotte... they're gonna tell you things that you can't believe. And you have to trust me, okay?" Jennifer asks, making Derek nod his head a little.

"What is it?" Derek asks her.

"Please, just promise you'll listen to me." Jennifer pleads.

"Yeah, I promise." Derek nods.

Jennifer tilts her head a little, noticing how Derek hasn't smiled once during their encounter.

"They're already here. Aren't they?" Jennifer asks, making Derek look behind her.

The woman turns around, her face dropping when she sees Scott, Charlotte and Stiles walk out from behind a broken wall.

"You know, you're not a very good actor." Charlotte hums, making Derek send her a look.

"I'm just saying... don't take up the career." The Lynx shrugs, making Derek roll his eyes.

"So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Jennifer asks.

"No. We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrects her.

"Okay, yeah, committing human sacrifices? Cutting their throats? Bashing their heads- yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour then go back to teaching English to high school kids. Makes perfect sense." Jennifer scoffs.

"I actually does make sense..." Charlotte trails when she sees Derek's 'shut up' glare.

"You see, I would say that I'll shut up... but that bitch made me feel like I was back in the weird men in masks place when I was kidnapped... so I'm trying to annoy her as much as I can." Charlotte nods before she turns back to Jennifer, who is just looking at her blankly.

"Your hairline is uneven." Charlotte hums, making Jennifer shake her head in annoyance.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asks, a tear falling down his cheek, making Charlotte turn to him and smile at him comfortingly.

"How should I know?" Jennifer asks, starting to grow nervous.

"Derek, please tell me you don't believe them." Jennifer pleads, making Derek look back up at the three teens.

"It's pissing me off that you're actually hesitating on your answer, right now." Charlotte scoffs.

"You hesitated to believe me when I told you that it wasn't me who are the last pop tarts." Derek sends her a look.

"But you were in such a good mood that day, I got really fucking worried." Charlotte tells him with a sigh, making Derek roll his eyes and turn to Jennifer.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asks her.

"No." Jennifer replies incredulously.

"Then ask her why she tried to sacrifice Lydia and basically tortured Arlo." Scott demands bitterly.