ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

"Not our problem."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Please, call it again." Scott tells Stiles, who is playing catch with Charlotte.

"Scott, it's obviously not here. You lost your phone, why not just get a new one?" Stiles asks.

"Because they're expensive." Charlotte points out.

"Because I can't afford a new one! And I can't do this alone, we need to find Derek." Scott stresses.

"Umm, hello. Still here." Charlotte waves at the Beta, who doesn't pay any mind to her.

"Well, a, you're not alone, you have me and Charlotte. And b, didn't you say that Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead-" Stiles cuts himself off with a cry of pain when Charlotte hits the ball off Stiles' head.

"Don't say that." Charlotte glares at him.

"Argent's plan is to use him to get to Peter. They're not gonna kill him." Scott shakes his head, looking towards Charlotte, who nods in agreement.

"Okay, so, just let them do what they're planning. Use Derek to find Peter, problem solved?" Stiles asks.

"No, not problem solved." Charlotte shakes her head.

"Exactly, not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek." Scott shakes his head.

"Fucking hell, why is everything so messy?" Charlotte asks with a sigh, her fingertips rubbing her eyebrows in frustration.

"I can't protect her on my own and I'm pretty sure Charlotte is protecting you and Lydia, she can't help with someone else that too much. So, if- if we find Derek- just-" Scott stammers, making Charlotte and Stiles raise their eyebrows.

"Just help me." Scott sighs.

"You two probably lost it when you guys had that fight." Charlotte shrugs.

"Yeah, do you remember that? When he was trying to kill you? After you stopped him from killing Jackson? You starting to see a violent pattern here?" Stiles asks frantically, making Charlotte look at him in amusement.

"He wasn't gonna kill anyone.." Scott shakes his head.

"How the hell are you so calm?" Stiles asks the Lynx, who is now hanging upside down on Scott's desk chair.

"Because I know that if they kill Derek, I'll have nothing to hold me back from killing them." Charlotte shrugs, making Stiles hum.

"I like that answer." Stiles nods, making Charlotte smile at him.

"And I'm not letting him die." Scott adds.

"Can you at least think letting him die? For me?" Stiles asks, making Charlotte's smile drop.

"Don't make me put you on the list of people to kill, Stilinski." Charlotte warns, making Stiles look down at her with wide eyes.

The two turn to Scott when he grows quiet, growing concerned when they see him staring out of the window sadly.

"What's wrong?" Charlotte and Stiles ask him.

"My mom's just got home from work." Scott sighs.

"Is she okay?" Charlotte asks.

"What's she doing?" Stiles asks.

"Crying." Scott replies sadly before he sits on the edge of his bed.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone." Stiles shakes his head as Charlotte sits upright.

"I have too." Scott tells him.