ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Someone's having a temper tantrum."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"It's the same thing. The exact same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere completely different and I ended up here." Charlotte hears Lydia speak frantically, making her quickly jog over to her friends.

"And you told me to call you when I find a dead body." Lydia tells Stiles, who's eyes widen.

"Arlo." Lydia sighs in relief, bringing the girl into a tight hug.

"Are you okay?" Charlotte asks in concern, frowning when she feels how cold Lydia is.

"It happened again." Lydia mutters, making Charlotte nod a little and pull away from the hug.

"Here." The Lynx mutters, taking her leather jacket off and giving it to Lydia so she can warm up.

"Thanks." Lydia smiles at her.

"Okay, breaking up the cute couple moment to backtrack here-" Stiles starts.

"I will Mary Poppins your ass onto the schools antenna." Charlotte raises her eyebrows at her best friend.

"Swiftly moving on from that too, you found a dead body?" Stiles asks Lydia.

"Not yet..." Lydia trails.

"Not yet- what the hell do you mean by that? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body!" Stiles sighs exasperatedly.

"I hear a bitches umbrella flapping in the distance. It'll get closer if you don't stop being a prick." Charlotte raises her eyebrows at Stiles.

"You haven't spoken to anyone in four days and you're already finding a way to hurt me... even if it's figuratively and not literally." Stiles huffs.

"You wouldn't have me any other way, Jeep boy." Charlotte smiles innocently, making Stiles smile at her back.

"And what if I didn't want to find the dead body alone? That shits traumatising." Lydia points her, pulling the jacket closer to her body.

"But you're always the one finding the dead body." Stiles points out.

"Are you really gonna argue over this?" Allison asks with a sigh, making everyone turn to her.

"No..." Stiles, Charlotte and Lydia mutter.

"Hey guys!" Scott calls out, making Charlotte jump.

"Where the fuck did he come from?" Charlotte asks, putting a hand over her chest.

"I found the dead body." Scott points at the schools sign, where a dead deputy lays.

"I want another five days off." Charlotte mutters, leaning her head on top of Lydia's as she wraps her arms around her shoulders.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes is what all writers use to tell their story." Jennifer smiles, glancing down at Lydia's drawing as she walks past.

"Lydia, I wasn't so aware you had so many hidden talents." Jennifer hums.

"You and everyone I've ever dated." Lydia smiles sarcastically, sending a wink to Charlotte, who smiles to hide her blush.

"Oh- well, that was an idiom by the way." Jennifer nods, completely taken back by her reply.

And more so Charlotte's reaction.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that will only make sense if you know the key words. Like saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun race. Or, it could be a phrase like 'seeing the whole board-'" Jennifer starts.