ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

"It's been three days and not an hour?"

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"It wasn't me." Charlotte tells Peter as soon as he walks into his daughters trashed room.

Peter looks around with wide eyes, things thrown all over the floor, almost all of her fragile things broken and all over the floor and the headboard of her bed cracked.

"How long has it been since you've stopped crying?" Peter asks his daughter curiously.

"A good hour." Charlotte nods, making Peter raise his eyebrows a little.

"I see you've drowned all your pills in that glass of water I brought up for you." Peter hums, making Charlotte glance at the cloudy water.

"It's what I usually do when I'm angry... so..." Charlotte trails awkwardly, looking down at her bedsheets.

"You had an episode... very quiet." Peter mutters, sitting on the edge of Charlotte's bed.

"Didn't want anyone to come and check on me and get a glass vase shoved down their throat." The Lynx nods.

"Fair enough." Peter nods, making Charlotte chuckle a little.

"Are you okay?" Peter asks awkwardly, having never done this before with his daughter.

"Yup. Perfectly fine." Charlotte sends him a thumbs up.

"Don't lie." Peter sends her a look.

"Who said I was lying?" Charlotte asks in mock curiousness.

"You haven't spoke to any of your friends in three days... you haven't even left this room in three days." Peter replies with a small shrug.

"It's been three days and not an hour?" Charlotte asks in surprise.

"No- what the hell goes on in that brain of yours?" Peter asks incredulously.

"Half of it is reciting my dreams and the other half is mainly Lydia and Melissa... I have a quarter of it dedicated to my celebrity crushes too." Charlotte nods.

"Half of them are about dreams you've had?" Peter asks slowly, growing a tad concerned for the Lynx.

"Yeah, like the dream I had last night where I punched a snake in the face and it called me a bitch... it reminded me of the bird dream I had where it punched me because I didn't show my license." Charlotte hums, making Peter look at her in confusion.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that about a year ago we wanted to kill each other and now you look like you're gonna give me fatherly advice." Charlotte sniffles, making Peter purse his lips.

"I'm sorry about what happened." Peter nods awkwardly, making Charlotte look at him in shock.

"You're apologising about something- are you okay?" Charlotte asks in concern, making Peter roll his eyes a little.

"You want to hear my apology or not?" Peter asks her with a sigh.

"I dunno. Do we have to talk in here or somewhere with ice cream?" Charlotte suggests.

"I don't think you're in the right mental state to leave the loft at this time." Peter sends her a look, a small smile appearing on his face when Charlotte looks at him in offence.

"I am always in the right mental state, why do you think I make jokes all the time?" Charlotte asks.

"You're covering up your negative emotions with humour." Peter shrugs.

"Healing the world with my comedy... I call it 'The Arlo medicine.'" Charlotte hums with a small smile.

"This is serious-" Peter starts with a sigh.