ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

"The guy and the tree he's fucking over there."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"So, what is the plan here?" Charlotte asks as they walk into Lydia's back garden.

"We keep an eye on Scott." Stiles replies simply.

"Quick question, where is Scott?" Charlotte asks, making Stiles' face go blank.

"He's across the pool." Derek's voice fills her ears, making Charlotte quickly turn around.

She smiles a little seeing Scott dancing with Allison.

"He's across the pool." Charlotte tells Stiles, who looks over and sighs in relief.

"Thanks Stalker." Charlotte mutters to Derek.

"Shut up, Arlo." Derek scoffs, making her chuckle to herself.

"They're quite cute together." Charlotte hums, turning to Stiles, who looks down at her in confusion.

"Who?" Stiles asks.

"The guy and the tree he's fucking over there." Charlotte points to the other side of the garden, making Stiles roll his eyes and smile slightly.

"I mean Allison and Scott." Charlotte sighs, making Stiles nod a little.

"I mean, I guess." Stiles nods, making Charlotte smile.

"Arlo!" A voice cheers, making Charlotte and Stiles look over to see a clearly drunk Lydia walking towards them with a wide smile.

"You came. I'm so happy you're here." Lydia smiles, making Charlotte and Stiles raise their eyebrows at her.

"Well don't you look sober." Charlotte smirks, making Stiles snicker.

"Oh shut up you. I'm getting you a drunk so you can get on my level of awesomeness." Lydia slurs a little, making Charlotte purse her lips.

"Why don't you go and get yourself some water?" Charlotte suggests, making Lydia squint her eyes at her.

"You're no fun, Arlo." Lydia tuts, making Charlotte nod a little.

"Fine, I won't get you a drink. And now I'm going to find my boyfriend who I'm dating because I love him and it's so not because of any other reason." Lydia hums, making Charlotte smile in amusement.

"And like I said, maybe you should go and get some water before you do." Charlotte raises her eyebrows.

"No." Lydia complains before she trips up.

And Charlotte instinctively catches her before she can fall, only to tense up when she realises what she's doing.

"Stiles." Charlotte mutters, making Stiles quickly but gently move Lydia so she's standing up by herself again.

And Charlotte frantically wipes her hands on her jeans.

"I thought you didn't like to touch people." Lydia mutters, making Charlotte quickly look up at her.

"Well, I wasn't just gonna let you fall..." Charlotte trails.

"Thanks Arlo." Lydia smiles, squeezing her arm once before she walks back over to the alcohol.

Charlotte sighs, looking back up at Stiles, who is looking down at her with a shocked expression.

She can even feel Derek's wide eyes dig into the side of her head.

"Don't." Charlotte warns the two.

"Okay." Stiles mutters, looking away from the Hale.

"I wasn't gonna say anything." Derek speaks up from the other side of the garden.