ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

"Hey, Jeep Boy."

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒

"Hello, Charlotte." A croaky voice is heard next to her, making the Lynx sigh.

"Gerard." Charlotte hums, not turning to the old man as she waits for Erica to take to the train depot.

"How you feeling?" He asks, making the Hale turn to him.

"Lively." She smirks, making Gerard glare at her.

"How are you still alive?" Gerard asks with a small glare.

"There's a very simple answer to this." Charlotte shrugs, making Gerard look at her curiously.

"You just didn't kill me in the first place." The Lynx smirks.

"You stopped breathing." Gerard points out.

"Maybe you need glasses before your old age catches up to you and you go blind." Charlotte purses her lips.

Gerard looks at her angrily, walking closer towards the Hale.

Charlotte raises an eyebrow, using her powers to make the knife in the man's hand fall to the ground and stab into his shoe.

She smiles when she sees pain flash through Gerard's eyes when the knife stabs into his foot.

"Nice try, old man." Charlotte nods.

"You hurt me." Gerard mumbles.

"Okay, and? It's the literal least I can do after what you did to me." Charlotte shrugs.

"I made you powerful." Gerard glares.

"You made me into a homicidal bitch..." Charlotte corrects, trailing when she sees Gerard roll his eyes.

"I'll kill you again, I promise." Gerard growls.

"Okay, one, stop growling, you kill werewolves, you're not one. And two, I'm too stubborn to die. I'll just come back to life and kill your withered old ass." Charlotte hums with a satisfied smile.

She senses anger rolling off him in waves, making her hum to herself.

"Okay, you've made your point. You can leave now." Charlotte waves him off.

"Do not tell me what to do!" Gerard exclaims angrily, making Charlotte flinch a little.

The Lynx quickly puts her hands in her jacket pockets so Gerard doesn't notice them start to shake, a panicky feeling rising in her chest because of his yell.

Gerard leans down, a small grunt coming out of his mouth when he pulls the weapon out of this foot, making Charlotte grimace a little.

"Good day, Miss. Hale." Gerard nods at her before he limps away.

"Motherfucker switches up real fast." Charlotte mutters to herself.

"Arlo?" A voice asks behind her, making the Lynx jump and turn to the source.

"Are you good?" Erica asks worriedly, seeing the girl breathe heavily.

"Yeah... yeah. I'm good, everything's good." Charlotte nods.

Erica watches as Charlotte brings up a shaky hand, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Right, let's go." Charlotte smiles, opening the door to the passenger side for Erica.

Erica continues to look at her worriedly as she gets into Charlotte's car, wondering what could have made the Lynx so scared.

⭒🐺━━━━━🐺⭒