Tris Returns x 17

C H A P T E R  S E V E N T E E N

-cain-

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Tris Prior," Erica says with an irritating smirk. When seeing Tris' slight irritation her smirk widens. "Or should I say Beatrice?"

Tris narrows her eyes as she crosses her arms over her chest. It didn't take a genius to know that she already disliked Erica. "I'm sorry, have we met?"

Erica's smirk grows bigger, "No but let's just say that I've heard a lot about you from Christina."

This is what catches my attention. I turn my head to look at Erica, unable to hold back my shocked expression.

Erica notices my expression and slowly walks towards me. She runs a finger up and down my chest a few times before pressing her lips to my ear.

"I know that Christina has got you wrapped around her little finger. You're losing your touch, pretty boy. It's a shame, you were always so hot when you were dominant." I push her away from me and shoot her a glare. "You don't know what you're talking about." She smirks. "Trust me, I do."

She then turns around, leaving me fuming and walks towards the cash register.

"Come on kiddies, time for work!"

Tris steps towards me and puts a hand on my arm, her touch instantly diminishing my anger. "Are you okay?" she asks. I put my hand over hers and smile sadly. She doesn't deserve any of this. "Yeah I'm fine." Tris raises her eyebrows as if to say she doesn't believe me. "Well, if you need to talk, you can always talk to me." "Thanks Tris." She smiles, "You're welcome." "Well, are you okay?" I ask her in return. Tris smirks, "Sure, she's irritating and I dislike her but hey, I can handle myself. I'm a big girl," she says with a wink before Zoe grabs her arm and drags her towards the racks so that they can rearrange the jackets in the order of size.

Liam comes over to me and pats me on the shoulder, "Hey man, how ya doin'?" I let out a sigh. "Why does she have to work here of all places?" Liam shrugs, "You could always fire her, but you're too nice for that."

You're too nice for that. Yeah I'm too nice for that but I can easily manipulate Tris for money. I grab my phone from my back pocket and make my way to the front of the store.

I flip the closed sign over to the open sign. I then give Liam a gesture that meant that I was going out for a bit. He gave me an 'ok' sign with his hand before joining Zoe and Tris at the racks.

I closed the door of the store and walked till I was a good hundred metres away from the store.

I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I reached Christina.

I clicked on her name and pressed call. I held the phone to my ear and waited for her voice to fill my ear. "Hello?" she asked. "Christina," I said firmly. "Oh hey Cain," she says. "Don't hey me!" I snap angrily. Christina's voice hardens, "The hell is wrong with you today? Is it because I gave you the cash an hour later than I said I would? Well sorry your majesty, I'll be on time next time." "No it doesn't have anything to do with that. But it does have everything to do with the fact that you told Erica everything!" Christina lets out a laugh, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that." I narrow my eyes, hoping that she would be able to feel my glare through the phone. "Just how many people did you tell?" "Oh just a few," she states casually. "That wasn't part of the deal," I say through gritted teeth. "It wasn't part of the deal for me to not tell anyone." I silently curse as I know that she's right.

"Then you can forget about me doing this." I could feel her irritating smirk through the phone, "Oh you won't do that." "What makes you so sure?" "Because you're falling in love with her. She tends to have that effect on people." "Just don't tell anyone else," I snap. "Hmm, maybe I will, maybe I won't." That's the last thing I hear from her, before she hangs up.