Tris Returns x 09

C H A P T E R  N I N E

-tris-

After two hours on my first day of work I figured out the following.

a)      Customers are annoying

b)      I've been hit on by five guys ergo boys are annoying

c)       Customers can't make up their minds

I resisted rolling my eyes when the younger girl smacked her gum with her teeth for what seemed like the fifteenth time.

"Can you get those white jeans up there?" she pointed to the jeans that were on the upper shelves. "Sure what size?" I asked.

She looked up from her phone, "size 6."

I propped the ladder up and climbed up and grabbed the pair of jeans.

I stepped down from the ladder and handed her the jeans, "Here."

She just grabbed the jeans and examined them.

No thank you? God.

She handed them back to me. I stared at her confused. "I changed my mind. I want the black jeans instead."

Are you friggin kidding me? I clenched my jaw and climbed back up the ladder, shoved the white jeans back into the pile and grabbed the black ones in size 6.

I practically threw them back into her arms.

She raised an eyebrow before storming off.

Cain came over to me a minute later, "Hey, you okay? You look a little pissed."

I rolled my eyes, "Some annoying chick came up to me and made me climb up the ladder and grab her a pair of white jeans and she looks at them for a second then she gives them back to me and says that she changed her mind and wanted the black ones instead. Like couldn't you tell me that when I was climbing the ladder? And she didn't even say thank you."

He chuckled, "Yeah, sometimes we deal with customers like that, who was it?"

 I scanned the shop before pointing at the girl. She stood in a corner of the shop, texting someone. Her light brown hair cascaded down her shoulders. She was wearing a neon pink fluffy jumper and black ripped jeans. Slung over her shoulder was a light pink bag and on her feet were pink pumps.

Geez she liked pink.

His smile faded when he saw the girl.

I didn't get to say anything because he had already stormed over to her. I quickly followed, ignoring all the stares from the customers.

He snatched her phone from her hands.

"Hey, I was using-"she growled before seeing who had taken her phone.

"Oh hey," she says smiling.

"Oh hey? Oh Hey? That's all you say to me? Why the hell aren't you in school?"

The girl shrugs, "I didn't want to go today."

"Are you kidding me? Do you know how hard Charlie and I have to work to keep you in school?"

"Then maybe you shouldn't waste time trying to keep me in school. I hate it. Everyone hates me."

Cain looks uneasy, "I'm sure that's not true."

She scoffs, "It's true and you know it. How about you just leave me alone and go play with your girlfriend."

I clenched my jaw, breathing long slow breaths to keep me from lashing out.