Tris Returns x 10

C H A P T E R  T E N

- T R I S -

It was Wednesday. That means that I don't have work.

So when I heard a knock at the door at 7:00 am I was more than pissed.

I ignored the knock pressing my pillow over my head but the knocks got louder and louder.

This is the downside of the door being a few metres from your door. If someone knocks you hear it. And its loud. 

I flung open the door. I didn't even look at the person before words started tumbling out of my mouth. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU-"

I did not expect Christina to be the person who was standing at my door.

"Nice to see you too Tris," she replies shortly.

I shrugged, "its 7:00 am, I'm not working today. I was expecting to be able to sleep."

"I can always come back later.."

I push my hair out of my face, "No it's okay. I'm sorry for snapping at you."

She grins, "It's all good. So do you want to hang out today?"

"You want to hang out with me?"

"Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?" she asks.

I shrug, "You seemed kind of pissed off at me the other day."

She sighs, "I'm sorry for that, it's just Tobias has been kind of distant lately and I know it's not your fault but I guess I just wanted someone to blame."

"It's okay."

"So, yes to hanging out?"

"Sure, what did you have planned for today?"

"Shopping?"

I make an awkward face, "Um, I'm kind of broke right now."

"Then I'll pay."

"No, I can't let you pay for me."

"Don't worry about it, you can pay me back when you get your money."

I nod, "Fair enough. Can you give me ten minutes to get ready?"

"Yeah sure, I'll go to Charlie's and get us some breakfast."

"Okay, sounds good. See you in ten minutes."

"See you in ten minutes," she repeats.

-christina-

After Tris closes the door, I walk to Charlie's.

I'm not interested in being her friend. I'm just pretending to be. You know what they say; Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

If I'm close to her again I can influence her choices and steer her far away from Tobias plus I want to know her reasoning for everything. 

-tris-

After eating breakfast with Christina we decided to go to the shops that were in and right outside of the Dauntless Compound. It was nice. It was nice to finally talk and hang out with my best friend again.

To be honest, I was pretty surprised that she wanted to hang out with me after all the cold stares and distancing but I'm glad that I agreed. 

"Ooooo, let's go look at that shop over there!"