Tris Returns x 26

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - S I X

-unknown-

She lay there on the grass, her eyes already closed, presumably asleep. It was now around five thirty and it was beginning to get dark. No one was around. The boss wanted me to do this; I know it is wrong but the boss gets what the boss wants.

Technically, it was this girls fault for falling asleep in the park, alone. The boss has spies everywhere and they are always watching.

I stuck my hand into my pocket and bought out a syringe. The liquid inside of the syringe was a generally clear liquid with a small tint of black to it.

Boss told me that it was a serum that can put any person into a coma. The stronger the black, the longer the person stays in a coma.

I squirted a bit of the liquid out of the syringe just to test it.

I moved her hair aside from her neck and started to inject the liquid into it.

Her eyes snapped open as she realized what was happening. She thrashed wildly as she tried to get me to stop. I let out a growl as her foot made contact with my ribs and her fist making contact with my jaw. I climbed on top of her pinning her arms and legs down.

"Who are you?" she growled as I peered down at her.

"You'll never find out," I reply as I injected the rest of the liquid into her neck.

I wait for a few moments as her eyes rolled into the back of her head and her body stilled.

I pulled out the sleek black phone from my pocket and texted the boss.

Job completed. Christina has been taken care of.

-tobias-

I snuggled deeper into my blanket as the phone rang. After a few minutes it kept ringing so I rolled over and looked at the time. The digital clock flashed 2:00 am. Who would be calling me at 2:00 am?

I picked up the phone, "Hello?"

An unfamiliar voice replied seconds later, "Hello, is this Mr Tobias Eaton?"

I nodded even though the owner of the voice could not see me, "Uh, yes."

"Hi, I'm afraid your partner has been involved in an accident and we need you to come down to the infirmary immediately."

I immediately jumped out of bed, my grogginess fading, quickly replaced with panic.

"M-my partner?"

"Yes, um Christina, we do not have her last name on record."

"I'll be there soon."

I then hung up the phone.

I decided to not change and kept on my grey sweatpants and white wife beater. I pulled on a hoodie and slipped on some shoes before grabbing my phone and keys before walking out of the apartment.

I made my way to the infirmary. Ever since the end of the war three years ago, the Dauntless compound has changed and expanded. The infirmary was now a hospital but they still called it the infirmary. It was located in the middle of the compound.

I quickly ran into the infirmary and made my way to the front desk.

"Hi, uh what room is Christina in."

The middle aged woman at the counter gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Of course dear, just go up the elevator to level 3 room 20."

I nod, "Thank you."

I walked to the elevator and hit number 3.

I waited anxiously as the elevator moved slowly. It seemed to move even slower than time itself.

When I finally heard the elevator ding, I rushed down the corridor and made my way to room 20.

Christina was in the ICU unit of the hospital. The Intensive Care Unit.... My heart pounded frantically as I realized the seriousness of this whole situation.

Two nurses and a doctor were waiting outside of the room. One of the nurses was scribbling down notes on a notepad while the other nurse and doctor were engaged in a serious conversation.

As I approached they looked up at me.

The doctor dismissed the nurses before looking back at me.

"Are you Tobias Eaton?" he asked.

"Yes, I am."

He extended his hand, "Hello, I'm Doctor Shaffard."

I reached forward and shook his hand.

"What happened to her?" I asked as I peered through the window in the door. Christina was lying on the white hospital bed. She looked like she was in a peaceful sleep, except for all of the tubes that were attached to her body. There was an IV drip attached to her vein and a tube that went down her throat.

"Your partner is in a coma."

Coma? How did this happen? I only last saw her a few hours ago.

"A man dropped her off a few hours ago. He said that he found her in the park, already unconscious."

"Who was this guy?" I demanded.

The doctor shrugged, "Apparently he was wearing a hoodie, and no one saw his face."

I nod slowly as the doctor continues, "Your partner seems to have been injected with some sort of serum, one that we've never dealt with before."

My heart dropped, "What do you mean?"

Doctor Shaffard sighed, "It means that it's up to Christina whether she wants to wake up or not."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER

YES I KNOW IT WAS REALLY SHORT BUT THE NEXT ONE WONT BE.

QOTC: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE "BOSS"

*Previously, the serum had a tint of purple but people were getting defensive about the fact that the purple serum is the death serum (which I know) so I decided to change the colour of the coma potion to black to avoid confusion.