Tris Returns x 08

C H A P T E R  E I G H T

-cain-

After Christina left the store all I could think about was the offer. It wouldn't hurt to make some extra cash since I only have one job, sure it pays well but I need more money. I need more money to support Emery and Charlie. 

I sigh, Am I really the type of person to do this though?

Tris is a nice and very attractive girl and I don't want to screw her over.

Why me? Out of all people. Why is she tempting me into doing this?

I snatch my phone from the desk and text Christina.

How much will I get paid? – C

Her reply was almost instant.

How much do you want? – Christina

How much are you willing to offer? – C

$800 a date? Too low? You offer – Christina

I gulped. $800 a date? She must really want me to date Tris. But that means I can use this against her.

$1000 a date. – C

What?! Are you crazy? $1000 a date? No way. – Christina

Then you can find someone else to do your dirty work. – C

Fine. $1000 a date it is. – Christina

-caleb-

"Tris?" I asked as I pounded on her door for the fifth time.

Peter stuck his head out from behind his door, "Do you mind? Some of us are trying to sleep."

His dark brown hair hung in messy clumps all over his head. His eyes clouded with fatigue.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Sorry." I did feel pretty bad, I ended up waking him up again.

"All good, by the way if you're looking for Tris I'm pretty sure she's already at work."

"Oh, alright. Thanks."

"You're welcome," he says before sticking his head back behind his door. 

Before he could close it, I called out his name. 

He stuck his head back out, "Hmm?"

I cleared my throat and looked at the ground, "Um, thanks for helping me pick the vase for Tris. She really likes it." 

He nods, "Um, all good," he says before closing the door. 

I arrived at Abnegation Dauntless mall twenty minutes later.

I picked up my phone and rang Christina.

"Hey."

She groaned from the other side of the phone, "Why are you calling so friggin' early in the morning?"

I shrugged, even though she couldn't see me. "Do you know where Tris works?"

I could imagine her nodding from the other side, "Yeah, Jo Kobe. It's on the first level near the food court."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome, next time do not even think about calling me this early."

I chuckled, "Will do, later."

"Bye," she said before hanging up.

A few minutes later I found myself staring at the shop Jo Kobe. How did she even get a job here?