Tris Returns x 23

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y – T H R E E

-tris-

Turns out things didn't go as I planned. I was going to be the one who laid the whole Cain thing on Tobias but turns out that Zoe told Lauren and then Lauren told Tobias.

It's been pretty hard to ignore considering the fact that everyone seems to be arguing about this whole situation.

Zoe and Liam are fighting because Liam is Cain's best friend and Zoe's my best friend. Liam is still sticking with Cain through all this and well Zoe is sticking with me.

I feel bad because they've been together for so long and according to Emery, they've never fought this hard.

Emery and Charlie have been ignoring Cain and Cain's been spending most of his time at his Abnegation house.

Peter and Caleb have been MIA and Peter and Caleb won't answer any of my texts.

Tobias and Christina have been fighting non – stop. Lauren told me that Tobias kicked Christina out of his apartment as soon as he heard what she had done.

I haven't heard about whether or not they've broken up or not but I don't really want to get involved.

I let out a deep sigh as I push the door to Shelley's open.

Zoe, Emery and I are having an all girls brekkie meeting without any of the guys.

I greet Lauren hello and find a table with three sofa chairs surrounding it.

I pick up a laminated menu and quickly scan through the items.

Within the next ten minutes Zoe walks in the front door.

Her hair is in a messy bun and she's wearing a long sleeved grey v neck jumper with dark grey sweatpants and black joggers. But hey, I'm not complaining, I'm a proud supporter of messy buns and sweatpants.

My outfit is pretty similar to Zoe's. The only difference is that my jumper isn't a v neck and it's black instead of grey.

I stand up and give her a quick hug. "Hey, how are you?"

We sit down again and Zoe picks up a menu. "Alright, I guess."

"You look tired," I state as I peer her dark circles.

She rubs her eyes sleepily, "I am, Liam and I were fighting again last night. He just can't seem to get over the fact that Cain did something like this and no matter what he's gonna keep on defending him."

I rub my face with both hands, sighing. "Zoe, I'm so sorry. I never wanted you guys to be involved. I didn't think that you guys would be fighting so hard about this, I'm sorry."

She gives me a small smile, "It's not your fault. Ya know we were bound to get involved anyway."

I give her a small nod, as I don't know how to respond.

After five minutes the door slams open and everyone in the café jumps. Emery steps in with a sheepish grin, "Sorry, I didn't know that it would be that hard."

Zoe and I stand up from our seats and rush to the front door to pull her into a hug.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," Emery says.

Zoe grins, "it's all g, I was late too."

"Have you guys ordered yet?" Emery asks.

"Nah, we were waiting for you," I say.

Emery laughs, "Dude, you know I get the same thing every single time, same with Zoe."

I hold my hands up in surrender, "Whoa, 'scuse me if we were trying to be nice."

Emery laughs again, "Okay, okay let's just order."

After ordering a turkey club sandwich and mango frappe for Emery, fish and chips and latte for Zoe and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich for me with a serving of fries and a berry smoothie, we made our way back to our seats.

"So what's goin' on Em?" I ask her as she settles into her seat.

She shrugs, "Nothing much, I'm barely home anyway. Cain's been keeping his distance which is a pretty good idea."

"Hmmm," Zoe murmurs.

"How are you going with Four?" Emery asks me slowly.

"Uhh, I actually haven't talked to him yet."

"WHAT?" Emery yells. Everyone in the café turns to stare at us.

Emery sinks into her seat, lowering her head before muttering sorry to the people surrounding us.

Zoe turns to look at me, "I agree with Em, you should talk to him."

I shake my head, "it'll be way too awkward, I mean, we haven't talked for like two months and Christina's always friggin' cock blocking us."

Emery cuts in, "But now Christina won't be a problem."

I sigh, "Yeah but even when she's not there, there's this awkward tension and we don't even look at each other! If I can't look at him how the hell am I supposed to talk to him?"

Zoe and Emery shrug. Zoe opens her mouth to speak but she's interrupted by Lauren who brings us our food.

Zoe grins at Lauren, "Thanks sissy."

Lauren gives her a quick wink before walking back to the front counter.

"Okay," I pause to take a bite out of my toastie, "Let's stop talking about me and Tobias and let's talk about something else."

Zoe laughs, "Okay, like what?"

"Hmmm," I say as I tap my chin with my index finger. "Maybe something that regards our friend Emmy here."

Emery looks up from her plate, lettuce, cheese and turkey poking out of her mouth. She quickly wipes the back of her hand over her mouth.

Zoe and I share a smirk. "Charming."

Emery rolls her eyes, "Shut up! I was kidnapped and only had bloody nut bars so excuse me if I wanna eat like a pig."

I nudge her in the ribs lightly with my elbow.

"Okay so what do you want to talk about that has to do with me?" Emery asked.

Zoe cuts in, "What's goin' on with your love life? I mean do you have one? By the way, I ask that in the nicest way."

Emery starts coughing. I pat her back lightly, "Are you alright?" I ask slowly, proceeding cautiously to prevent her from dying.

"Food," cough, "Went down," cough, "The wrong way."

"Is that a yes or no?" Zoe asks with a smirk.

Emery shoots her a wink, "It's a maybe."

Zoe looks at her phone. "Guys it's time."

Emery and I glance at her, "Time for what?"

She smirks, "Time for Tris to talk to Tobias."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N

HEY GUYS NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A TOBIAS AND TRIS REUNION.

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG.

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER.