Tris Returns x 22

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y – T W O

-tris-

It's been a few hours since Cain told me about what he did.

I'm going to the exact opposite of what mother's taught their children. I'm going to seek revenge.

My phone buzzed on the bedside table. (Oh yeah, I got a phone a few days ago)

Tris, please talk to me. I'm so sorry, please just talk to me. – Cain

 I rolled my eyes and ignored yet another message from him.

He's texted me about three dozen times today.

I only replied to the one where he told me Emery was safe.

It went something like this:

Hey Tris, I know you're not talking to me but I just wanted to let you know that Emery's safe now. – Cain

And then I replied;

That's good to know, I'm glad she's safe. You're still an asshole, stop texting me. – Tris

Step 1. Of the revenge plan; come up with a plan name

Step 2. Devise a plan and plan who will be involved

Step 3. The execution of the plan

I need to think of who is involved.

Cain – asshole/jerk/betrayer/enemy

Erica – ex of asshole/jerk/betrayer/enemy

Zoe – friend of mine and of asshole. Did she know about this?

Liam – friend of asshole, in relationship with my friend. Did he know about this?

Okay, screw the whole layout. The first thing I have to do is talk to my friends and see if they're really my friends.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Twenty minutes later I found myself at Jo Kobe's.

Judging by the surprised looks on their faces no one expected me to be back this soon.

I'm guessing, they've found out somehow, or Cain told them, or they knew from the beginning.

Zoe is the first one to snap out of the surprised trance.

She rushes over to me and throws her arms around me. "Hey, how are you?"

I bury my head into her shoulder, Zoe is a few inches taller than me. "I'm alright, ya know for these circumstances."

Zoe nods sympathetically, "Let's go to Shelley's. Babe, can you cover the shop, while we're gone."

Liam nods, "Go ahead. I'm really sorry about what he did, Tris."

"Thanks," I mutter before following Zoe out of the shop.

When we reached Shelley's, Zoe immediately ordered me to sit down on a comfy couch, while she ordered food.

After scarfing down two chocolate waffles, a chocolate milkshake and a few cookies, I broke down in tears.

Zoe rolled her eyes a little, "It's about time. I thought you'd start crying earlier, gosh Tris you made me pay like $30 for all your food."

Even though tears were clouding my vision, I still managed to give her a slight smile. "Don't pretend like you pay for the food here."

"So, I've heard Cain's side of the story. Now I want to hear yours," she says.

"What did he tell you?" I asked (more like demanded).

Zoe holds up a hand, silencing me immediately. "I'll tell you after you tell me your side of the story."

"Well, he was trying to sneak out, I caught him and asked him where he was going. He said that he was going to the train station. And then I tried to go, he pushed me back onto the couch and then he basically blurted out the fact that he was being paid by Christina to take me on dates. I mean she paid him $2000 to take me on two dates. It's one thing for her to do that, it's another for him to accept that deal."

One thing about Zoe is that she is a great listener. She didn't interject or interrupt me. She just waited for me to finish before adding her commentary to the situation.

"Well, did you ask him why he did it? Why he accepted the deal from Christina?" Zoe said.

I looked down, "No, I didn't but I was just so mad at him, I just punched him.. twice and then walked off."

Zoe nodded before adding more commentary, "Look, I'm not taking any sides but I think that you should at least ask him why he did it. Not for him but for you – for you to get an understanding and closure, I guess."

"Yeah... I think that's what I might do."

"Good. What are you going to do about Christina?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, she was the one who was paying him, so technically she's the bad guy."

I rubbed my chin, "Hmm, you're right."

"And you've got to talk to Tobias."

Tobias....

I haven't seen him in at least a month. Well, I've seen him but I just haven't talked to him or Christina and every single time that I wanted to talk to him, she was always there.

"Do you think he knows?" I asked Zoe.

Zoe must've noticed my anxious expression as she stood up from her couch chair and gave me a hug.

"Hey, Tobias is a good guy. I'm sure that he wouldn't do something like that."

I nod, "I hope so."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After working my full shift (well ½ shift) at Jo Kobe's while awkwardly avoiding Cain, I made my way back to my apartment.

A lot of things have changed since Peter and I arrived at least three or two months ago.

Peter and I barely had time to talk, I hadn't hung out with Caleb either. Tobias and I barely made eye contact, Christina was now my 'enemy', and Cain was now my 'enemy' as well. My only friends or friend is Zoe.

Great. Just great. I was making more enemies/ex friends than I was making friends.

I unlocked the door and pulled off my shoes. I slipped my feet into slippers and made my way to my bedroom.

I had to find a time to talk to Tobias. And Peter. And Caleb.

I guess it's better if I get Peter over and done with right now, I mean he lives next door.

I knocked on the door that conjoined our rooms but when I didn't hear a reply, I walked back to my room and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the tray that was in the bedside table.

In the middle of the paper I wrote the words REVENGE PLOT.

I then started drawing arrows and ideas off of it.

Watch out Christina. I'm coming.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A/N

YOU GUYS WERE CONFUSED ABOUT THE PART 2 TITLE. SORRY ABOUT THAT I MEANT THE AFTERMATH OF WHEN CAIN TOLD TRIS AND YA KNOW ALL THAT'S TO COME.

I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON. CHRISTINA, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK.