Tris Returns x 30

C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y 

-tris-

After Cain left to go back to Abnegation, I offered to let Emery stay at my place. The relationship between Cain and I is still pretty rocky after the whole Christina and him team up drama but it was just something that we have to work on I guess. 

Charlie was staying at next door at Peter's. I was pretty surprised when he offered but I guess it makes sense considering the fact that Peter and Charlie and friends and Charlie is his employer. 

I haven't really talked to Tobias. I think the most important thing that the both of us need right now is space. Space apart from each other so we can figure out everything that needs to be figured out; so that we can sort out our issues and find out whether or not we still want a relationship together. I do, but after what he said the other day, I'm not so sure that he still does. 

I don't have work today so I'm just going to spend this time looking after unfinished business. Emery already left a few hours ago for school so it was just me. 

I guess, my first order of business is to see Christina. 

I make my way to the infirmary, stopping briefly at the Dauntless Diner for some takeaway. By the time I get to the infirmary, my food is all eaten. I make my way up to level 3 and walk over to room 20. 

There aren't any visitors today. I guess in a way that's comforting. It means that I can be comfortable when I talk to Christina without worrying that people will hear the words that I am saying. 

I push open the door and sit in the seat next to the bed. I look at her lying there, her short brown hair fanned across the pillow. Her eyes closed shut and her hands unmoving. There's an iv drip going into her and she's attached to many tubes, with one going down her throat. 

I sit there, just watching her. In that time I erase all that she's done and try to re-imagine our friendship from three years ago.

I remember us getting tattoos together, her styling me, us jumping off the train together. 

I take a deep breath and take her hand in mine.

"Hey Chris. Sorry I haven't visited since you were put here. It's just, after all that we've been through and all that you've done to me and Tobias, I couldn't come and be here for you and I couldn't forgive you. But after everything that has happened to me, I realised, life is too short. Life is too short to hold a grudge. I mean, I've already started to forgive Cain for what he's done so I guess I should forgive you too. People told me that you've been put into some random coma that only you can wake up from. Well, just so you know - I don't hate you and I forgive you. So, wake up."

That's all I say before spending the next two hours sitting with her. 

When I left the infirmary, I felt quite accomplished. I had finished the first order of business and now on to my second - Tobias. 

I walked to his apartment and knocked on his door. He flung the door open after a few seconds. He seemed to be surprised to see me. 

"Can I come in?" I ask slowly due to the fact that he was staring at me in complete silence. 

He nods, "Sure."

We then sit on the couch. 

I turn to him and begin to speak. "I went and saw Christina."

His mouth forms an 'o' shape. "Oh really?" 

"Yeah," I nod, "I also talked to her and told her that I forgive her and that she should wake up."