Tris Returns x 29

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y – N I N E

-cain-

"Someone wants revenge on me," I said.

Tris nodded, "Yeah, probably, I mean everything is linked to you."

"What should I do?" I ask.

"You should probably write down a list of people who might have a grudge against you."

Hmmmmm...

- Erica

- Christina

- Tobias

- Peter

- Caleb

- Zoe

- Liam

- The kidnapper (whatever his name is)

I have to suspect all of Tris' friends. Even though Tris was involved they probably wanted the best for her, and outing me lead to us breaking up.

Reasons to suspect Erica – she's a crazy ex. I broke up with her and she's probably held a grudge against me because of that.

Reasons to suspect Christina – she hired me in the first place. When everyone found out, everyone hated her. To get revenge she hired that guy to kidnap Emery and that way she would have gotten her money back. But she couldn't have burnt down the apartment because she's been in a coma but she could have hired someone before that. But then again I don't think she's crazy enough to burn down the apartment but I should still keep her in mind as a possible suspect.

Reasons to suspect Tobias – Tris' lover. He was mad pissed at me when he found out about the whole Christina hiring thing. He would do anything for Tris even if it meant kidnapping Emery and burning the apartment down. But then again.. he wants to be on Tris' good side no matter what and he knows that if theoretically he did do those things, Tris would never forgive him.

Reasons to suspect Peter – Tris' best friend. Probably holds a grudge against me for hurting Tris.

Reasons to suspect Caleb – Tris' brother. Overprotective. Could be siding with Christina because they used to be roommates and their friends. She could have convinced him to help her pull off schemes. And Caleb's always with Peter.

Reasons to suspect Zoe and Liam – they're friends with Tris and could have turned on me when they found out about the deal with Christina. But they couldn't have kidnapped Emery because we were at dinner together, unless they hired someone to do so. But that's not likely because they didn't find out about what I did until after Emery had come back.

Reasons to suspect the kidnapper – he's the kidnapper. That's suspicious enough. And also, he is close to Emery so he can easily manipulate and earn her trust. Also, he was with her in the apartment when it burnt down. When I asked Emery how it happened she said that they were watching a movie and fell asleep. What if she was asleep, he got up and set the apartment on fire.

I sigh, holding my face in my hands. My head hurts.

Who is behind all of this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must have fallen asleep sometime after that because the sound of glass breaking woke me up.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed the knife under my pillow. I flipped the light switch on and found that the glass on the door leading onto the balcony was broken. I bent down and picked up the brick which I assumed had been used to break the window. Attached to the brick was a note.

I detached the note from the brick and opened it to find a poem.

Roses are Red,

Violets are Blue,

I see that you're in bed.

By the time that this is read,

Some red will have already been spread,

So sweet dreams dear Cain.

Watch your back if you don't wish to be slain.

On the bottom of the note was a lipstick stain... From that I guess that the culprit is a woman.

I walked onto the balcony, I could've sworn that a shadow in the distance moved.

-unknown-

I quickly signed the note off with a kiss. I then attached the note to the brick before aiming and throwing it through the balcony door.

I smirked when I saw the light turn on. Cain stumbled towards the balcony and bent down to pick up the rock.

Even though we were in complete darkness, he looked straight at me. I quickly darted away.

My smirk grows bigger and bigger.

Come and find me Cain.

I'll be waiting.

----------------------------------------

A/N

Woo update! Sorry this chapters a bit shorter than usual but I wanted to end it how its ended so yeah. I'll update again soon. Thank you all for supporting this book. :)