Tris Returns x 25

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y – F I V E

-christina-

I sighed as I looked at the door to my tiny apartment. The last time I was here was to get my belongings when Tobias asked me to move in. I never thought that I would be moving out of Tobias' and back into my apartment. I don't even remember where I put my keys. I knocked loudly on the door. Hopefully Caleb's inside.

Oh yeah... When Tris died, Caleb ran away for at least half a year. When he finally came back, he had nowhere to go so we came up with a compromise. We both saved enough money to buy our apartment and we always halved the rent.

Until I moved in with Tobias. Caleb bought my half the apartment off of me so technically it is no longer my apartment but now Caleb's.

Most of my belongings were in the suitcase that was currently sitting at my side. There were a few things I left behind at Tobias' but those were small things that I could live without. Besides, most of those small things ended up smashed on the floor so, oops.

Caleb opened the door a few seconds after I had knocked with a confused look on his face. "Hey, what's going on? Why do you have a suitcase?"

I didn't reply, instead I just marched forward and hugged him tightly. He returned the hug in a few seconds. When Tris was gone and before Tobias and I got together, Caleb and I were tight.

Caleb rests his chin on my head as I rest my head against his chest. "Chris, how about you come in and I'll make some tea and we can talk about this."

I nod before pulling away from the hug and grabbing my suitcase. As I hauled my suitcase into the apartment, Caleb rested against the now closed door watching me. Caleb went to the kitchen table. He reached up into the cupboards and took out two cups. One of them was a black one with blue stripes and the other was white with black stripes.

I smile slightly as I looked at those cups. Before we bought the apartment we rented these tiny dorm rooms which were located near the chasm. Those cups were the first thing that we bought together. After work, we both went to the shopping centre and we went into a store that sold kitchen appliances. Prior to entering the store we said that we would buy the first cups that we pointed to. So we closed our eyes and spun and then pointed to those exact cups. Of course, I pointed to the white with black stripes and he pointed to the black with blue stripes. Even though they weren't our first choice in cups we decided to buy them anyway.

"You still got those," I said while he was pouring water into them.

He looks over his shoulder at me, "Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I ex roomie?" he says in a teasing tone.

I shrug and look away slightly. From the corner of my eye I can see Caleb frowning as he knows that something is wrong. He sets tea bags in the cups before carrying them carefully to the table. He sits on the opposite side of the table so that he can look at me properly.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong or do you want me to guess?"

I sigh while playing with the string on the tea bag, "Tobias and I... well I'm guessing that you heard what I did to Tris."

He nods while taking a sip of his tea, "Yes, indeed I did."

"Well yeah, I was dumb and went totally mental and well now I guess he doesn't want to be with me."

Caleb nods, "Look, we're friends but here is the fact. You did something completely irresponsible and stupid and you probably didn't think of the consequences when you did this. I can't make you feel better about any of that because it is your fault and only your fault because you initiated it, but have you maybe tried to talk to Tris about any of this? Or even Four?"