Tris Returns x 27

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y – S E V E N

-tris-

Today was Wednesday which was my day off. So excuse me if I was annoyed to be woken up by the vibration of my phone at six am.

I groaned and grabbed my phone from my bedside table. I pressed the answer button on it before bringing it up to my ear.

"T-tris?" I heard the shaky voice which belonged to my brother. I quickly sat up in my bed pressing the phone closer to my ear. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"I-it's Chris, I don't know what happened but you have to get down here," he muttered frantically, he sounded like he had been or was crying.

"Wait, what happened where are you?"

"I-in the Infirmary, l-level 3 room 20."

"Wait, what happen-"

Caleb quickly cut my sentence off, "Just hurry u-up and get d-down here," he said before hanging up.

I got up from bed and stripped off my pyjamas, pulling on a plain black jumper, jeans and combat boots. I grabbed a scarf and slung it on my neck before grabbing my phone and keys before heading out of the door.

It took me about ten minutes to get down to the infirmary.

When I finally rushed through the doors of the infirmary, I made my way to the elevator and up to level three I went. I speed walked down the hallway until I reached room 20. It wasn't hard to find as there was a crowd of people gathered outside of the room.

Caleb lifted his head as Peter nudged him. Caleb said something to Peter before making his way towards me.

He pulled me into a quick hug. "Hey, what's going on?" Caleb pulled away and I noticed that his eyes were red. "I've been here since four in the morning since Tobias called me."

"He what?"

"He called me," he stated before pulling me towards the crowd.

Peter looked just as tired as Caleb. His curly brown hair was dishevelled and his clothes were creased. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a black sweatshirt. Caleb was also in sweatpants and a long sleeved t shirt.

I pulled Peter into a quick hug, "Hey what are you doing here?"

He returned the hug quickly and after pulling away he answered, "Caleb and I were chilling at his place when Tobias called him, so I decided to come with him."

I nodded before looking through the glass and into the room.

My heart dropped slightly when I saw Tobias by her side holding her hand. Even after all of this, he was still going to be there for her.

I sighed and turned to Caleb and Peter, "Hey, I'm sorry but I just can't be here. I want to be here for her but after everything that she's done, I just can't. At least not right now. Tell Tobias I dropped by and sorry that I couldn't stay."

They both nod and Peter says, "Sure, you do what you gotta do, I'll come find you later."

I nod, "Okay, thank you."

I had just made a few steps out of the infirmary before I heard footsteps behind me. I swivelled around and found myself face to face with Tobias.

"Hi," I say.

"Hi," he replies.

"How are you?" I ask.