Chapter 62

Jason's POV

I sat down next to Kianna on the couch. I rubbed her hand and then held it. She gave my hand a small squeeze. I gave her a small smile in return. Sonic was rubbing his arm, sadly and nervously. Kianna let go of my hand and went over to him. She hugged him and smoothed down his quills. He hugged her back tightly, and started to cry. She started to hum to him, a tune I couldn't make out, and soon he was asleep. She gave a small smile.

"I can't believe that still works." Kianna then used her powers and carried Sonic to his room, and she then tucked him in. She ruffled his quills, before leaving the room and quietly closing the door behind her. She walked downstairs, back into the living room, where we were waiting. "He doesn't like talking about Aleena..." Kianna told us, and she gave a small sigh. "I can't blame him," She continued. "After what he saw... Poor thing..." 

"You've seen worse." I told her. She bit her lip for a second, then she spoke.

"I'm used to it. He's not. I could see a million people die, I don't care. But he could see one, and it would break him. Crush him. He shouldn't have to deal with that kind of pain. If I could just..." She sighed, and looked at the ground sadly. I gave her a small smile. 

"Kianna, you can't take the pain away from everybody..."

"YES I CAN!" She screamed, black flashing through her eyes. I gasped.

"Kianna..." She shook her head and blinked a couple times.

"Sorry... I don't know what came over me..." 

"It's ok. Don't worry about it. It's just your dark side."

"Just my dark side..?" She asked. JUST MY DARK SIDE?!?!" She was getting mad.

"Kianna! Calm down! It's ok! It's ok! Just breathe! Just breathe!" Kianna clenched her fists. I walked over to her and put my hands on her shoulders. "Just breathe..." She turned and pulled away, then shrugged when I tried to grab her again. Her shrugging made me unable to grab her. She smirked and then started to leave. I sighed, knowing that there was no point in chasing her, going after her.

"She'll be fine. She probably just needs a minute."

Kianna's POV

I was in the city. I was running around, hearing weird, loud, and strange noises that I have never heard before. I was just looking for somewhere quiet to clear my head. Like an abandoning house! Or the woods! But I ended up getting lost. I was in town once, but I had never gotten the chance to look around, take in the view. I saw black stuff that weird horses were running across. I stepped out onto the black stuff, and then the horses made loud noises at me. I stepped off of it. The horses were acting strange. Maybe they were scared? I had never seen horses before, but something seemed off about them. I heard something being slapped against something else. It sounded like a whip, and I jumped onto the black stuff, terrified. Then I heard one of the horses make a loud noise at me, and then somebody grabbed me and pulled me out of the way.