Chapter 67

Third Person POV

Many Many Many Years Ago...

"Seriously?! Come on!"

"You have to. You got to look your best."

"But I don't want to!" Sonic whined. They heard a scream. Aleena flinched. "I wanna wait until we're older! Until we live on Camelot! Then everybody can see their demise!"

"It wouldn't work that way, Hedgehog." Aleena and Sonic looked over at Kianna. She was wearing her regular clothes.

"Aren't you gonna put on your wedding dress?" Aleena asked.

"I don't have one. Besides, I'm completely fine with wearing this."

"That will not do. You need to wear a dress! This only happens once in a lifetime! At least for you guys it will."

"Fine." Kianna grabbed a trash bag and put it on herself. It was too big for her.

"Kianna, firstly, that doesn't fit. Secondly, there's no way you're wearing-"

"Are the brats ready?" Scourge asked, walking towards us.

"He's NOT a brat!" Kianna yelled angrily. Sonic tugged at his tie, which was matched with his tuxedo. "Why don't you just take that off?" Kianna asked Sonic.

"I'm not allowed. Mom won't let me take it off."

"Mom..." Kianna sighed. "I've always wanted to call somebody 'Mom'.

"Well, soon you can, sweetie!" Aleena told Kianna. She smiled, her face lighting up.

"I can't wait! Why don't we get started?!" Scourge sighed.

"Fine, brat." Scourge hit Kianna on the head. She looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered.

"You better be." They then heard a pathetic excuse for wedding music. Kianna gasped happily and clapped her hands.

"New Mom, here I come!" Aleena took the garbage bag off of Kianna and grabbed Kianna's hand.

"Let's get you changed, quickly." Kianna nodded. Aleena took her to a nearby room and Aleena opened a closet door. There was a beautiful red wedding dress. Kianna gasped.

"It's not torn! Everything on Avalon is usually broken or destroyed! How did you manage that?!" Aleena laughed.

"I should be asking you how you've kept Sonic so happy. He's so lucky to have a friend, soon to be wife, like you."

"Aleena..." Kianna started, then sniffled. Tears were in her eyes. "When my birthday comes, Scourge won't need you anymore. What will happen to you? Will I still be able to call you the three letter word?" Aleena started to cry.

"He's going to kill me, honey. I'm so sorry."

"So I WON'T have a mom..?" Aleena shook her head. "But... But I..."

"HURRY UP!!!!" Scourge roared. Aleena sighed.

"Let's get this dress on you, quick."

"No." Kianna said. "I'm sorry, but no. Sonic will need me more as a friend then as a wife when you die. I'll need to be there for him, and if he sees me as his wife, then he won't feel comfortable with talking to me. So, I'm sorry. I really wanted you to be my mom, but not at the cost of Sonic suffering."

"Oh... Sweetheart... You're too young to be doing this, acting like this, to even know what all of this means..."

"Well, Sonic’s too young to lose his mom and have nobody to talk to and be all alone." Aleena smiled.

"One day, Kianna. You will be happy. And you'll have kids! You and Sonic will have kids! And you all will be happy, and I'll be watching you guys. Protecting you guys, in any way that I can."

"Just protect Sonic and the children. I can take care of myself! I always have and I always will!" Aleena hugged Kianna and cried.

"I'll miss you when you're gone..." Kianna said sadly.

"Oh, Kianna. I'll miss you, too."