𝟼 : Part One

Ch 6:Disoriented - Part One____

Ch 6:
Disoriented - Part One
____

TUESDAY
𝙷𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚢, 𝚃𝚇.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Winston." The bailiff said, prompting everyone in the court to stand up. Today was the much anticipated day. Nerves and anxiety were at an all time high. It was Samiron's trial and as he sat in the courtroom with his back facing his dad, siblings, and his homeboys, he could feel the anxiety radiating off of him.

Khris had told him what they discovered about Maison and Greta's arrangement and Samiron was livid to say the least. Sure, he did commit the crime but he was innocent until proven guilty. So to find out that they didn't even prove him guilty for real, it set him off. All he could think about was the time he wasted when he could've been with his son.

Judge Winston approached her seat with a stern expression on her face and her glasses on her head. She sat down, allowing everyone else to do the same, while she studied the evidence in front of her that she was already familiar with.

Khris was seated next to Samiron who was wearing an all black Saint Laurent suit while Maison and the same district attorney from the trial were sitting across the room, sweating and silently panicking. Greta was seated in the stands behind them, attempting to keep her chin up but it was clear that she was shaking in her boots. Anna sat a few feet away from her, ignoring the glares that Maison would occasionally send her.

Maison wasn't told what information the court got their hands on, but judging by the fact that Anna had moved out of their house with their twin sons just a few days ago and cut all contact with him, he was 100% sure that she had something to do with them reopening the only case he worked so hard to keep closed.

All the while, Samiron's family was keeping their composure and Zion could only hope that the evidence Anna presented was enough to get his brother out of jail for good.

"I'm going to do everyone in this courtroom a favor this afternoon by not beating around the bush. There will be no opening statements and there will be no jury seeing as the defense from a case, that is now three years old, has proven that what happened on the prosecution's side of the trial was the most disgusting form of an obstruction of justice I have ever witnessed in my 34 years of being a judge in this courtroom." Judge Winston started before organizing the papers in front of her in an orderly manner.

She look towards Maison who was tapping his foot profusely, "Maison Gregory, in the emails obtained it's clear that not only are you tampering with evidence and interfering with a murder investigation with the intent to prove an innocent man guilty, but you're also violating the oath in which you became an officer of the court."