𝟸𝟸

Ch 𝟸𝟸When Something Feels Wrong That's Because It Is____

Ch 𝟸𝟸
When Something Feels Wrong
That's Because It Is
____

4:45pm
A FEW DAYS LATER
𝖧𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗇, 𝖳𝖷

"Momma that's not how you're supposed to do it." Aijah spoke as she sat at the kitchen island, watching her mom layer the lasagna with Mari sitting on the stool next to her.

"Well this is how I do it." Jocelyn retorted, earning a chuckle from Mari.

Aijah scratched her head as she leaned up on the counter and inspected the Lasagna. "If it comes out bad I'm not eating it."

"Girl boo! Go chew on a plastic plate or some. Just get out the way." Her mother spoke as she finished layering the lasagna and washed her hands. She turned around to face her daughter, drying her hands with a towel.

Aijah rolled her eyes and Mari laughed harder. She loved seeing Aijah and her mother interact because the mother-daughter duo had the same exact personality, their only difference was their age. But AJ got her smart mouth and attitude straight from her momma.

"I bet you that plastic plate gone have more flavor than that "lasagna" you're trynna make." Aijah pursed her lips to the side and made a sour face as she stared at the pan of lasagna. Jocelyn had an interesting way of layering her lasagna, but it was still lasagna nonetheless.

Jocelyn flicked the towel she was holding at Aijah, making her move out of the way to dodge it. "I don't know how you deal with her Amari." She shook her head, looking over at her daughter's friend.

"I don't know either sometimes."

Aijah rolled her eyes, playfully shoving Mari who's elbows rested on the island. "Don't even act like that shorty! You know we're stuck like glue."

"Mhmm." Mari hummed with a playful smile on her face as Aijah wrapped her arms around her and peppered kisses all over her cheek. "Alright, damn! That's enough."

Jocelyn chuckled at the girls and shook her head as she hung the towel back on the oven handle and glanced over at her daughter. "What happened to you not feeling good, Aijah?"

"I'm alright now." She shrugged as she pulled away from Mari. Jocelyn had took care of Aijah over the past week when she was trying to recover from food poisoning. No matter how grown she was, Jocelyn always felt better if Aijah laid sick in her house so she could watch over her.

"You wanna know where that food poisoning came from?" Jocelyn raised her eyebrows as she stared at her daughter, "It came from your conscious. It knew you were sleeping with a boy you weren't supposed to be sleeping with."