𝟷𝟺

Ch 14:Face to Face____

Ch 14:
Face to Face
____

3:13pm
THE SAME DAY | THURSDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚇.

"He should be here soon.." Mari spoke, glancing at the phone that she had propped up on the counter since she was on FaceTime with her mother.

Cheyenne nodded with half her face in the camera as she at same Chinese takeout, "About time you gave him the opportunity to get what he needs to say out. Lord knows that man been itching for the opportunity for you to let him speak." She shaded her daughter.

Mari fought an eye roll as she toyed with the drawstrings of her sage colored Fear of God Essentials sweatshorts  "Momma, please. It's been a little over a week since he's been out. I should've made him wait some more considering all the sh- I mean, stuff, he did and I had to put up with for my baby." She cocked her head to the side.

Cheyenne just shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head a little. Was she disappointed in the way Samiron had acted towards her daughter for the past few years? Yes, but she also was rooting for him and Mari. She felt like they were better together, especially for Sani's sake.

But then again, she respected her daughter's relationship and she could understand why Mari wasn't going for Samiron. After all, Cheyenne always taught her daughters to never let a man dictate your emotions or hold more power over you than you do yourself — so she couldn't fault Mari for choosing to let her baby daddy go after the way he treated her. Everyone has their breaking point and she'd reached hers.

"I'm just ready for y'all to talk this through so that you can finally establish a smooth, healthy co-parenting relationship," Cheyenne spoke through the screen, picking up a piece of Orange Chicken with her fork and eating it.

Mari just nodded with her elbows on the countertop and looked off, not really knowing how to respond. She felt like nothing was ever going to be "smooth" between her and Samiron again given their history, but Cheyenne's always had high hopes so Mari was gonna leave her to it.

The sound of knocking on the door brought Mari out of her thoughts. "I guess I'll call you later, momma." She sighed, picking the phone up off the marble counter.

"Sounds good," Cheyenne cleared her throat before looking back at the camera and pinning her daughter with a hard look, "and please remember to cut that man some slack. He was beaten and damn near killed in jail and someone was getting paid to keep him locked up — he wasn't in the right mindset." She defended Samiron.

Over the years Samiron had became like a son to Cheyenne. Even though she felt like he neglected her daughter while he was locked up, she still tries to look at things from his angle to avoid being biased. Not only is Cheyenne a very level-headed individual, she also studied abnormal psychology in college, so she knows that people just don't do things for no reason. She was certain that the things Samiron experienced in jail directly effected how he started acting — thus why Mari was getting treated how she was.