𝟷𝟻

Ch 𝟷𝟻:Secrets____

Ch 𝟷𝟻:
Secrets
____

1:40pm
FRIDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗, 𝚃𝚇

"I wear 'dese?" Sani held up his Off-White Nike Rubber Dunks. Mari, who was sitting on the edge of his bed, nodded at the shoes he chose. Sani nodded back and walked into his closet to get the other pair.

Mari let out a little breath as she tried to control the anxiety that was bubbling up inside of her. Today was the day Sani would see a child psychiatrist for the first time and Samiron insisted he'd tag along. Mari didn't want to make a big deal out of Sani's separation anxiety or his clinginess, but she figured it was best to look into it now then to ignore it altogether and regret her decision later if it stems into something more serious.

"Make sure you pick out a jacket too, just in case it gets windy later." Mari reminded her son. Sani nodded with his back still towards her as he surveyed the jacket section of his walk-in closet.

Mari had the builders custom build Sani's closet and include adjustable clothing hooks so that he could easily reach them. The closet stays organized from top to bottom despite how big it is. It's divided into sections for Sani's hoodies, tee shirts, jackets and a row of drawers full of jeans and joggers. His abundance of shoes sit on the shelves below his hoodies and jackets. Mari knew Sani was going to grow out of a lot of his clothes quickly so if she couldn't give them to Silas, she'd donate them.

"'Dis?" Sani turned around holding up a light blue fleece Nike Tech jacket. Mari nodded and smiled, seeing that he matched the blue of the jacket to the blue on his shoes.

"Good job baby boy. That looks good." She smiled at him, making him smile back. It's no mystery that Sani loves having his mom's approval for every little thing he does.

"You wanna be like me so bad huh?" They both turned around at the familiar deep voice, just to see Samiron standing right next to the doorway, leaning his back on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Daddy!" Sami immediately dropped both the shoes and the jacket; running over to his dad who happily caught him and scooped him up in his arms.

"Wassup lil' boy. You good?" Samiron asked after peppering kisses all over his face. Sani nodded, leaning in to kiss the side of his dad's face. "Here, go finish getting dressed." He put Sani back down on the grey carpeted floor.

Sani gave his mom a swift little kiss on the cheek on his way back towards the closet, not wanting her to feel left out. Entering the closet again, he surveyed the area, looking for the other pair of his shoe.