𝟾 : Part Three

Ch 8:Transitioning - Part Three____

Ch 8:
Transitioning - Part Three
____

TUESDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚇.
continued

"Daddy?" Sani called from the backseat of his dad's 2022 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat where he was staring out of the window. It was late in the afternoon at this point so the sun was starting to set. Samiron was trying to get to his dad's house before it got dark because knowing his dad, everyone would be over for this "dinner." Samiron glanced in the rear view mirror at his son, "Wassup?"

"Why mama not come?" Sani pouted, pinching his eyebrows together. He was used to doing everything with his mom and her always accompanying him everywhere he went. So he didn't wanna show it when they were at the house and he was in front of her, but he really wanted her to come.

"Um, she has work.." Samiron lied. He felt guilty about lying to Sani but he didn't know where he stood with Mari right now. He knew they weren't on good terms, given the conversation they had no more than 30 minutes ago. But now that Savior was in the picture, Samiron doubted that Mari would ever accompany him and Sani places out of respect for her boyfriend.

"Oh." Sani frowned, "Mama work a lot some-time." He informed his dad, kicking his Cool Grey 11's back and forth.

Samiron glanced at the rear view mirror before looking back at the road, "Oh yeah? Tell me more about mama." He took the opportunity to learn about Mari through Sani because he wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was already starting to feel guilty that he didn't try to learn more about her personal life through the people that visited him in prison. Now that he had finally seen her in person, it seemed like he wanted to know every little detail about her.

Sani's eyes lit up. There was no denying he loved his mom to death, but he loved to brag about her too. In his eyes, his mom was perfect and there wasn't a single thing flawed about her. "Mama help me with home-work and she help me dwaw and.. play bas-et-ball!" He exclaimed, making Samiron smile.

"You like playing basketball a lot huh?" He chuckled, appreciating that Sani acquired that trait from him. But for the benefit of everyone, Samiron secretly hoped that Sani turned out more like Mari personality-wise because Samiron knew he was a very closed-off person. You probably wouldn't be able to get a conversation out of him if you didn't know him personally and even then, he was a man of very few words most of the time. He didn't want Sani to be isolated like that.

"Mhm! I pway wit' uncles some-time too." He nodded, "But mama is so nice! She very pwetty too. Do you think she pwetty?" Sani teased, hiding the little grin on his face.